Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX V6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, 2 kids and the "YES" fabric just does not seem as stain resistant as advertised.

I have been looking at replacement leather covers from either Katzkin or leatherseats.com. Has anyone had experiance with either of these? Which is better?

I am planning on doing the install myself, but I have a question regarding the front seats. Can you disconnect the cable going to the headrest to remove the headrest? I have been told both ways. Also, how does the headrest cover come off to install the new cover?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
I have the Katzkins leather in mine, though it was installed through the dealership. It's really nice as I have kids also, especially a two year old that likes to flick milk with a straw all over the seats. It is softer than stock but we'll see how long it lasts. It's not bonded leather either, which you want to avoid. I have a 3 year/ 36k warranty on it also, but not sure how that would work if you bought and installed yourself. Just make sure you don't install it over any important levers, straps, etc (On install, they covered the rear seat release cord that operates the passenger rear flip up seat that allows access to the third row)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX V6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned and installed Katzkin sets in previous vehicles and they have always sent a registration card in the kit that you have to send back with the date and mileage information.

If you don't mind, what did the dealer charge for the install. I may ask mine if it is something they can do.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
I believe the shop charges $1299 for 1st and 2nd row and $1699 for 3rd row but mine were thrown in to help convince me to buy, or more so I argued with them, but that's another story. I think the retail is $2400 on the website.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX V6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that $1299 per row? Or $1299 for a 2 row and $1499 for a 3 row interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts