Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento EX AWD 2.4L 4 cyl GDI
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got the dreaded P1326 code and engine seizure last week. Had to be towed to the dealership, they confirmed the code and engine seizure. The service manager told me today, they submitted the paperwork to Kia HQ, and they're just waiting on them to see whether they want to try to replace parts, or in her words, most likely replace the engine. I just hit 150k on it, so honestly, thank god for this recall. I bought it in Oct 2019 right before they announced the recall in early 2020, bought it at 142k miles with an impeccable service record thinking i'd get at least 100k more out of it. I still owe 7k on it, and only drove this car 8k miles since purchasing, so I'm extremely grateful that this recall happened, specially after only 8k miles driven and owing 7k still lol. So questions, how long does Kia HQ usually take to respond. Will they cover my towing expenses? Any ideas on timeframes of getting it back if engine has to be replaced?

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
203 Posts
Read all my comments in this thread when my engine seized and had to be replaced. The time line is there along with what was replaced. Your situation is different then mine in that you have 150k on yours and I had 42k on mine. At 150k there are going to be more things that are worn on your engine that are not covered by the warranty, like fuel injectors, spark plugs, belts, hoses, etc. that you will have to pay for. Early stories about these engine had people waiting 6 months for a replacement engine but I think KIA has picked up the pace after the class action law suit.
Good luck to you and your Sorento!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read all my comments in this thread when my engine seized and had to be replaced. The time line is there along with what was replaced. Your situation is different then mine in that you have 150k on yours and I had 42k on mine. At 150k there are going to be more things that are worn on your engine that are not covered by the warranty, like fuel injectors, spark plugs, belts, hoses, etc. that you will have to pay for. Early stories about these engine had people waiting 6 months for a replacement engine but I think KIA has picked up the pace after the class action law suit.
Good luck to you and your Sorento!
First off, thanks for this. This forum has been amazing, I'm so happy I found a place with so many resources. I just heard back from the dealership, Kia will be replacing the engine. I asked if I had any costs associated, like hoses or belts, and the service manager told me I will have ZERO costs for replacement. I was shocked, I was stunned, I may have cried a little. She said they ordered the engine already, it'll probably come next week sometime or early the following week. Then because they are short staffed, I'll have it within 5 days after they get the engine. :)

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2012 , 2009 Hyundai Elantra , 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2017 Nissan Pathfinder sl
117 Posts
So as of just now my wife’s Kia while driving 60 mph just died on her and all the dash lights came on ,it looks like the engine is seized ,whag should be my next step

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So as of just now my wife’s Kia while driving 60 mph just died on her and all the dash lights came on ,it looks like the engine is seized ,whag should be my next step
Get it to a Kia dealer, they'll run diagnostics, if it comes up with the P1326 code, they'll submit it to Kia, and hopefully like me, new engine.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2012 , 2009 Hyundai Elantra , 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2017 Nissan Pathfinder sl
117 Posts
I called dealer right from the spot and they told me that we can’t say nothing without diagnosing the car , so I live 2 hour from Kia dealer to tow truck is dropping car for me and talk to a service tech he told me that when car comes will try diagnose if not will do tomorrow, either way tomorrow I will go myslef to dealer , my tow is costing me 400$ so if Kia will approve will that be covered to, car has 126 k on it with 2800 miles since oil change

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called dealer right from the spot and they told me that we can’t say nothing without diagnosing the car , so I live 2 hour from Kia dealer to tow truck is dropping car for me and talk to a service tech he told me that when car comes will try diagnose if not will do tomorrow, either way tomorrow I will go myslef to dealer , my tow is costing me 400$ so if Kia will approve will that be covered to, car has 126 k on it with 2800 miles since oil change
Yeah my tow cost me $250, kia will reimburse the tow fee, but you have to use the kiaenginesettlement.com website to submit claim with a receipt. But I wouldnt do that until you know for sure kia is replacing the engine. And you actually wont get that money back until the final courts approval, which still says TBD. So maybe in a year or so most likely. They also waive all service records for this engine recall if it is diagnosed with the KSDS P1326 error code. It took 3 business days after they found the code in my car and submitted it to kia, for kia to approve my engine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just called Kia corporate and talked to them and explained to her completely everything what happened with car and that wife’s almost got in accident cus of that , She found out that the warranty on knock sensor and told me that it’s under warranty if it comes to that code or seized engine , she also told me that they will pay for towing and and rental and everything if it’s seized engine , and she opened the case and wrote everything down and gave me the case number , and she got the dealer name where the car going ,and that as soon they diagnose we will go from there , Also I explained her that I did oil services my self since dealer it’s almost two hour way and that I don’t trust small shops cus they can put cheap oil and she told me that’s absolutely right , also I told her that I used Kia oil filter , plus all the services that i did everything is on my car fax account because that’s the easiest way And she told that’s perfect , so finger crossed guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts