Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone having problems with mud guards? My driver side rear mud guard seems to be taking hits and pucks precisely at the 90 angle where the mud guard transitions from outside to under the wheel well. Brought it to the Kia dealer who said someone must have hit me. I doubt that was the cause as there was not even a scratch anywhere else on the mud guard or wheel well. I replaced the mud guard on Sep 13th - they come in pairs at $84 - and the new driver side rear mud guard already shows some hits and pucks. I fear that if deterioration continues it will damage the bumper under the mud guard. The car has not been through a car wash, it has not been driven off road, it has not been driven through gravel parking lots, etc., it's driven on paved roads only. Again, it is only the driver side rear mud guard which has the problem, all other mud guards are fine. Suggestions????

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
799 Posts
What do you mean by "...hits and pucks..."? I don't understand.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Definitely need some pics or a better explanation of the damage.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX w/EX tech package
4,661 Posts
Sounds to me, that your mud flaps are DOING THERE JOB??????

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,661 Posts
we could have saved you a bunch of $$$ as we have some supporting vendors with discount savings.[/QUOTE]

We have that here as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,661 Posts
Then the question is why are people still spending hoards of money when they don't need too?
Were does he live? No one knows. Did he buy aftermarket flaps? Did he come here first an ask hey can someone get ma a deal of mud flaps? NO ONE KNOWS!

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,967 Posts
Were does he live? No one knows. Did he buy aftermarket flaps? Did he come here first an ask hey can someone get ma a deal of mud flaps? NO ONE KNOWS!
he lives in Frederick, Maryland. i think maybe he must of run over something curb who knows.

·
Vendor
Kia Soul, Kia Optima, Kia Sorento, Kia Forte, or any Kia!
75 Posts
2012 Kia Sorento Mud Guards

Hi tdeshiro,

The dealer is wanted $84 for a a set of those mud guards? Next time you are looking at getting some accessories, I'd recommend checking out our site, first. We've got Genuine OEM 2012 Kia Sorento Mud Guards that you can buy in a full set for $69.

And a couple things to help you or anyone else out:

1. There is FREE SHIPPING on any order over $150.
2. Take an additional 10% off your order with this coupon code: codeks

So maybe you're going to be getting some snow in Maryland and you might want some All Weather Floor Mats (rubber mats) or a Kia Sorento Cargo Tray to protect your interior's fabric. Take advantage of the savings!

- Team KiaStuff -

1 - 11 of 11 Posts