Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many vehicles have the feature when you put your car in drive, all the doors lock. I've searched on here and it sounds like some of you with Sedonas have this feature. Ours doesn't seem to either have this function or if it does, it's not locking.

Is this a feature that can be turned on/off?

I am hoping so - I would prefer when I put it in drive for all the doors to lock - I don't think to hit the button because our old van (2001 Olds Silhouette) had the auto door lock so I am use to that.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,695 Posts
Welcome to the site! Hope there is something you like about your new Kia!
You could check your owners manual, it will tell you how to actavate, if you do have this option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I'm beginning to think maybe this isn't the right place for me to ask questions since I'm not sunshine and rainbows over my Kia. I want to love it but the love just isn't there. I have to get over it since I have six lovely years to pay for it :)

Don't get me wrong - it's what I thought I wanted and honestly, you can't really know how you're going to like something until you drive it a while. I've had it since October and have figured out things I like and things I don't like. Simple as that. It's just unfortunate that the list seems to be a little longer on my dislikes but at the time we bought it, they were things I didn't think would be a big deal. Lesson learned :)

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sedona
47 Posts
We have a 2012 also but we are thrilled with it. Our doors auto lock as you mentioned, other cars I've had with this feature I've turned it off if I could, but I don't mind it in the KIA. I don't know if you can turn it on and off or not, I've perused the manual but I don't remember it being mentioned. Since yours doesn't do it, most likely it can be turned on and off.

Now you've got me having to go look!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
71 Posts
My 2011 Kia Sedona LX does NOT auto lock. I don't know if the EX models have this option, but my LX base model ex-rental does not.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sedona
47 Posts
Ours is a 2012 LX ex-rental vehicle purchase, and it does auto-lock.

???????

Just looked at the manual, I can not find any mention of the auto lock feature at all, much less how to turn it on or off.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,531 Posts
Ours is a 2012 LX ex-rental vehicle purchase, and it does auto-lock
Just looked at the manual, I can not find any mention of the auto lock feature at all, much less how to turn it on or off.
its mentioned in the Canadian 2012 Owners Manual on page 3/14

Auto door lock/unlock feature
• All doors will be automatically locked
when shifting the transaxle shift lever
out of P (Park) with engine is running.
• All doors will be automatically unlocked
when shifting the transaxle shift lever
into P (Park) with engine is running.

·
Registered
2019 KIa Sorento LX V6, 2015 Kia Optima LX
7 Posts
Just joined this forum. I have a 2011 Sedona EX, bought it used in 2014. Don't remember if the door locks automatically locked when in drive, but it doesn't now. I have a 2015 Optima LX and it does. Also on the topic of door locks, my driver door lock motor broke a few months ago. The van only has about 51K miles. Watch out for this part. The part alone is $140, and the prices from mechanics to install ( not Kia ) varied from $75 - 220. I paid $80 to install. It only took a half hour, but you need to know what you are doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts