Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
So what's up with the blacked out nose and hood sections? Is that vinyl sheeting? Does it serve a purpose other than for looks?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it has a purpose. If you notice it this car CATCH all kinds of BUGS the way it was design the front end. Its just a temporary solution till it gets cool up here in East coast and the hood will be covered with Carbon Fiber vinyl.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
Yes it has a purpose. If you notice it this car CATCH all kinds of BUGS the way it was design the front end. Its just a temporary solution till it gets cool up here in East coast and the hood will be covered with Carbon Fiber vinyl.
Certainly have noticed! I took a day trip to Michigan last month and when I got home it was covered in bug guts. I have found that if you spray down the affected area with shout and let it sit 5 minutes, you can wash as normal and the bugs wash right off.

IMO our hoods don't lend them selfs well to blacking out or covering with CF sheeting. The dimensions are all wrong (wider then they are deep). But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Certainly have noticed! I took a day trip to Michigan last month and when I got home it was covered in bug guts. I have found that if you spray down the affected area with shout and let it sit 5 minutes, you can wash as normal and the bugs wash right off.

IMO our hoods don't lend them selfs well to blacking out or covering with CF sheeting. The dimensions are all wrong (wider then they are deep). But that's just my opinion.
Wrong! I have covered it with matte black before and I just dont like it thats why I took it off and switching back to M3 carbon fiber sheet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks very unique thanks for the pics. Can we get some more closeups of the mods? :)
Sure. I use my son's camera and I ran out of battery. FYI this is my daughters car and not mine Im just playing around it before they get back from there summer vacation.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
Is it the magnetic bumper thing you can get? Ive seen them around for other cars.

Doing the whole bonnet in the fake CF vinyl. No. Ive seen it done on other cars and it looks strange. That stuff should not be used for large areas.

Why not use some red pinstripe vinyl to put highlight detailing around some of the edges in the side air dams and lower grille?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it the magnetic bumper thing you can get? Ive seen them around for other cars.

Doing the whole bonnet in the fake CF vinyl. No. Ive seen it done on other cars and it looks strange. That stuff should not be used for large areas.

Why not use some red pinstripe vinyl to put highlight detailing around some of the edges in the side air dams and lower grille?
can you pls post some pictures of your car. thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
can you pls post some pictures of your car. thanks

Thats my car. Little Kia is mainly performance build only, I leave all visuals to my other car.

I have used red pinstripe vinyl with my other car though. I used it to seperate the white/black/carbon combination. Have since pulled it all off and just left the striping on the rear diffuser in shot below:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thats my car. Little Kia is mainly performance build only, I leave all visuals to my other car.

I have used red pinstripe vinyl with my other car though. I used it to seperate the white/black/carbon combination. Have since pulled it all off and just left the striping on the rear diffuser in shot below:

SWEET! The fact that we dont have a 3dr hatchback here in N. America is really sucks but I really like your set up. Im hoping that my wife will bring back the list of parts that I send her for the car from Philippines. The red pinstripe looks good in black. This is my daugther's car. Its our gift for her on her graduation. So my set will be mostly for LOOKS and not performance at all. I dont want no speeding tickets at all.lol....
Have Fun...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Instead of CF vinyl, why not matt black vinyl instead to keep the black/white theme? Or blackout the roof to match the windows and all other blackouts.

If you can find it, satin black instead of matt black. Satin black gives a softer finish and reacts to light smoother than what matt black does.

You could do your mirrors and door handles in black vinyl too.

Also girls have different tastes to guys. While guys do like the black on white look girls will think you couldnt afford to get it painted

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Instead of CF vinyl, why not matt black vinyl instead to keep the black/white theme? Or blackout the roof to match the windows and all other blackouts.

If you can find it, satin black instead of matt black. Satin black gives a softer finish and reacts to light smoother than what matt black does.

You could do your mirrors and door handles in black vinyl too.

Also girls have different tastes to guys. While guys do like the black on white look girls will think you couldnt afford to get it painted
I think you are right about the guys/girls taste. Im going to remove the black vinyl in the front cause it doesnt look like its her car. What if I paint the grill white and keep the black at the bottom end? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What did you use to cover the yellow Amber part of the headlight?
He didn't use anything, all AUS/European models don't have the amber (sidelights?)

You can however get a LED strip for the amber part which then will work as a indicator light. You'll have to take the headlight apart thou.

·
Registered
13 rio5
8 Posts
He didn't use anything, all AUS/European models don't have the amber (sidelights?)

You can however get a LED strip for the amber part which then will work as a indicator light. You'll have to take the headlight apart thou.
Look at ts second pic... It says new jersey... He covered the Amber part of the headlight, I'm wondering what he used???

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
404 Posts
for sure black vinyl. wish there were an easy way to get rid of those amber parts, looks so much better in silver on the European cars....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts