Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 kia rio
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks!. I hit a downed limb in my 2012 Rio, and it left a hole the size of a half dollar in the radiator. the ac immediately went out, and all coolants left the vehicle. I rebuild motorcycles, so have considerable mechanical knowledge, but too many plastic tabs and such for me to blunder in without asking for help. I searched fairly extensively here, but found no info on a model this new. a complete guide to how to replace radiator would be awesome, but at least any thoughts on tips and tricks is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2017 KIA Forte5 SX, 2017 KIA Sportage EX Lux, 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2m6
77 Posts
Best answer I can give - kiatechinfo.com
Signup (using InternetExplorer - a must)

Go to Service Info, choose your model -Rio(UB) then on the right will be a chart.
Choose the 'manual' icon under Replace corresponding to your year(2012).
Then on the left you'll see Radiator in the list, then choose Removal. *see attached pdf

Follow the steps and get that rad changed. Use any other section to see the steps to remove the front bumper and such.. There is a nice thread with great information about removing the bumper without breaking it. - http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-rio/95897-how-remove-front-bumper-kiatechinfo-method.html

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,925 Posts

·
Registered
2012 kia rio
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you!

awesome...everything i need! old one is out, awaiting arrival of new..might be helpful to put a post up that says "look here first"! will be watching and passing this intel on...Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts