Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage SX 4-Cyl 2.4L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I try to open the rear passenger side window from the driver side controls it will not work. If I try repeatedly It may move 1 in 30 tries but you have to hold it in when it starts to move or you will have to try another 30 times before it will budge again. If you use the control on the rear passenger side door it works fine. If I use any other window controls on the driver door those windows operate fine. Should I replace the whole driver unit or is there a more granular approach?

My car knowledge is next to nothing. I change oil and replace air filters.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,'11 Dodge Journey AWD,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,492 Posts
You could try removing the driver front master switch unit and spraying the offending rocker switch with electrical contact cleaner. Door mounted switches tend to be a magnet for "gunk" to accumulate and cause switches not to want to work properly.

Reactions: skavatar

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
554 Posts
I had that happen to my 2002 CR-V. I took the drivers door panel apart switched the plugs to verify that it was that switch that was bad. Then ordered a new driver side master unit from ebay, and replaced it.

good video on how to remove the Gen3 Sportage door panel. I used it to replace my drivers side mirror after I broke it backing out of the garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts