Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I've got a 2012 Picanto. Last night the central locking was working just fine but since this morning I was unable to lock the car using either the remote, or the key itself.

Basically when I press the lock button on the remote, nothing happens. When sitting inside the car, I can hear a soft beep when the button is pressed on the remote. When pressing the unlock button on the remote, all the doors are then unlocked. When locking the car using the key, only the drivers door is locked and the same goes when locking the car from inside - only the drivers door is locked and not all of the other doors. But when you unlock the car (either using the remote, the key or from the inside of the drivers door) then that seems to be working just fine. What could be the problem here? Even though I can get by by locking all the doors from the inside, the boot is not locked. This is extremely worrying for me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
UK Kia Picanto 2012
1 Posts
Hi There,

I've got a 2012 Picanto. Last night the central locking was working just fine but since this morning I was unable to lock the car using either the remote, or the key itself.

Basically when I press the lock button on the remote, nothing happens. When sitting inside the car, I can hear a soft beep when the button is pressed on the remote. When pressing the unlock button on the remote, all the doors are then unlocked. When locking the car using the key, only the drivers door is locked and the same goes when locking the car from inside - only the drivers door is locked and not all of the other doors. But when you unlock the car (either using the remote, the key or from the inside of the drivers door) then that seems to be working just fine. What could be the problem here? Even though I can get by by locking all the doors from the inside, the boot is not locked. This is extremely worrying for me.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi there,
did you ever solve this problem - same has just happened to our Picanto? Thanks, S

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,842 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts