Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a relatively new Optima. I found a 2013 LX wth 600 miles for just a little less than a 2012 EX with 6000 miles. The 2012 EX is gorgeous, but so is the 2013 LX. Which would you say is the best choice? Is there much of a difference in performance and styling between the years? (Aside from the UVO/Nav difference).

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm researching like you, so I don't know other than the maybe that EX has leather and power seats and some nice features? The used Kia's may not come with the full 10/100k warranty, so figure out how much an extended warranty is going to cost. And if they offer the same financing deals as the new cars. In general, dealers may not do 0.9% for used. So those are my questions I'm checking out, in my case an 2013 EX vs 2012 SX. Sometimes these previous owners are upgrading to the SX Limited, because they like the car so much -- at least that's what the salemen tell me! lol

·
Registered
'11 Optima EX 2.4L GDI Automatic
330 Posts
Either should be free of the left pull that plagued the 2011s, however it really boils down to features and appearance. The loaded SX will also be a turbo, versus a stock EX even with packages.

At this point the only difference is a 2013 will have two years to work out the kinks versus the one year on the 2012 imo.

·
Registered
2013 Optima 1999 Sportster
8 Posts
I don't know either but I can tell you I love my 2013 EX. It does have this problem though where my foot keeps pushing the pedal down and causing a nasty forward pull that makes me smile really big :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts