Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima LX 2011 Kia Sorento SX
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am with my Optima LX and I feel like a fool. I bought it at the time as a necessity and with my heart and not with a brain. Loved the looks of the car etc etc but as a owner of a Sorento SX I have to say I want the higher trim. And some of the neat features like heated and COOLed seats + navigation and such are nice pluses that I miss on my LX. Not only that I wouldn't mind modding my SX like this guy

293whp / 256 lb-ft should be putting down a little more after the new FMIC and full 3inch exhaust system.

Now however every since the super bowl ad I've been waiting for the SX Limited to show up but whats up? I have not seen any dealer with one in stock.

When will we be seeing some Kia Optima SX Limited in stock? I have cash in hand ready to purchase and rearing to let go of my Optima LX.

If not I think I'm going to take a bit more expensive route and look at something else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are over 10 SX-L's within a 50 mile radius of me (Los Angeles). I'm sure they will hit the east coast soon. Keep checking Kia.com's dealer inventory. Call the dealerships around you and see if you can preorder it (that's what I had to do to get my SX a few months ago).

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX, 04 Sebring. 98 Ranger
104 Posts
Our dealer in central CT gets them in quite frequently. They have a couple of more goodies than the EX such as LED lighting and a small spoiler but my wife loves her EX with premium and tech packages.
My wish is that they made this car with AWD it would be a great vehicle to drive even in the winter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. None of the dealerships near me have one SX L in stock but plenty of fully loaded SX's going for 27~29k.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte
62 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. None of the dealerships near me have one SX L in stock but plenty of fully loaded SX's going for 27~29k.
We are building them as fast as we can, Our President has mandated that the SXL be quality inspected more than once. The tolerances have to be smaller than even the SX. A $34000 Kia has to be perfect.:D

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,063 Posts
Build the 2013 at Kia.com...................

·
Registered
2012 Optoma Hybrid (Light graphite)
169 Posts
Darknight is right ..we have a parking lot full of these cars at the plant!!! They are being built 6 days a week. Quality control is very stringent on this model. Hopefully you should see them popping up soon.

·
Registered
2017 sportage sx
448 Posts
We are building them as fast as we can, Our President has mandated that the SXL be quality inspected more than once. The tolerances have to be smaller than even the SX. A $34000 Kia has to be perfect.:D
The tolerances and geometry of the suspension better be more perfect than the stitching on the seats.
The pull left issue was inexcusable for the entire 2011 and part of the '12 run-at any price.
Convey that to your president.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tolerances and geometry of the suspension better be more perfect than the stitching on the seats.
The pull left issue was inexcusable for the entire 2011 and part of the '12 run-at any price.
Convey that to your president.
yeah mine pulls to the left still even after the 'fix.'

looking at getting a EVO X now any-who.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The SXL gets the cool but strange electronic emergency braking system. I'm a bit leery of this, I've grown accustom to manual emergency brakes. All in all its a beautiful car loaded to the hilt with gadgets! I look at these cars all day..and they never bore me. I can't say that about most vehicles.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The SXL gets the cool but strange electronic emergency braking system. I'm a bit leery of this, I've grown accustom to manual emergency brakes. All in all its a beautiful car loaded to the hilt with gadgets! I look at these cars all day..and they never bore me. I can't say that about most vehicles.
Electronic emergency braking system?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Electronic emergency braking system?
Yes, instead of the traditional lever or the emergency foot brake. You have a button in the center console above the gear shifter. There's also a button that reads auto below it. I haven't messed around with the electronic braking at all.

·
Registered
2017 sportage sx
448 Posts
I'd rather both of you address what's been rectified with the steering issue than cheerlead with electric marvels to dazzle the kiddies.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'd rather both of you address what's been rectified with the steering issue than cheerlead with electric marvels to dazzle the kiddies.
I understand your disdain for the issue you've posted in the past. I personally haven't been informed of the issue. I'm not here to cheer lead for anyone. If the car bothers you that much trade her in and buy something else! You come on here as though you are the bully of the forum. Get your panties out of a wad and move on. Kia isn't perfect just like any other manufacture. We make mistakes like the rest and try to learn from them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, instead of the traditional lever or the emergency foot brake. You have a button in the center console above the gear shifter. There's also a button that reads auto below it. I haven't messed around with the electronic braking at all.
The hell....Sounds a bit odd and another issue that can go wrong with a car:(

·
Registered
169 Posts
The hell....Sounds a bit odd and another issue that can go wrong with a car:(
Yeah its different for sure!lol
I wouldn't count it out though. Check it out for yourself. Manufactures seem to slowly be moving away from moving parts. The less moving parts, the less issues in theory. At the same time they're looking for every way possible to cut the weight and increase fuel economy. Of course you can still have electronic issues. Remember when cars used cables and rods from gas pedals to the carburetor? Now most of them are electronic. Same with hydraulic power steering, it will soon be a thing of the past. Electric steering cuts out the need for hydraulic fluid and a steering pump.

The new Santa Fe is supposed to be 300 lbs lighter than the current model but more powerful with better fuel economy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yup I'm a bit jelly :mad:

Yeah its different for sure!lol
I wouldn't count it out though. Check it out for yourself. Manufactures seem to slowly be moving away from moving parts. The less moving parts, the less issues in theory. At the same time they're looking for every way possible to cut the weight and increase fuel economy. Of course you can still have electronic issues. Remember when cars used cables and rods from gas pedals to the carburetor? Now most of them are electronic. Same with hydraulic power steering, it will soon be a thing of the past. Electric steering cuts out the need for hydraulic fluid and a steering pump.

The new Santa Fe is supposed to be 300 lbs lighter than the current model but more powerful with better fuel economy.
That's some nice info. Yeah the drive by wire throttles and shit is odd.

Old car had a cable from the gas peddle that directly controlled the throttle body and you never noticed a "lag." With my Optima LX I can defiantly feel a lag from me pushing the go to peddle, almost a 1sec delay that you can really feel in your bones.

·
Registered
2017 sportage sx
448 Posts
I understand your disdain for the issue you've posted in the past. I personally haven't been informed of the issue. I'm not here to cheer lead for anyone. If the car bothers you that much trade her in and buy something else! You come on here as though you are the bully of the forum. We make mistakes like the rest and try to learn from them.
Well now you're going to learn from this mistake. Somehow, you read all 318 posts of mine and concluded:
A. I don't like my car.
B. I'm a bully that wears panties.
Personal attacks are as lame as not responding to documented criticism. This forum and the web car world is rife with it concerning a wonderful design, flawed by a serious engineering issue. Every published road test, this entire forum and Govt. sites like NHTSA have volumes of text about it. Both KIAs and Hyundais. You that far up in Corporate you don't know that? Kinda doubt it. Ever help anyone here get their car fixed or advise them about an unresponsive dealer service dept? Seems not.
Which really means you only read what I posted here and want to push back instead of tell us all what has (or hasn’t) been done to correct the flaw. Which probably means you can’t because your mission is to tell us how many ‘L’s” are on the tarmac at the plant. Lame. Helping the Corporate bottom line is better done by interacting with owners or shoppers in constructive ways-not just shilling features or paying lip service to anticipated quality. Big operators at the keyboard we don’t need.
You use the term " We" which implies you work for the company. Whether you're in marketing, assembly or especially management, it strains credibility to think you'd need to be "personally informed" of the issue. So you're saying you know about the issue from my 'disdain' but not being 'personally informed' exempts you from addressing it?? You’re only telling us you’re not real. I addressed you and “darknight’ because you both implied ‘inside’ authority or a conduit of communication. My bad.
All you needed do was correct me by saying "I have no contact or conduit with Engineering or Management to address your concern"-instead you whined about being bullied. Get smarter.
You have 104 posts here and somehow missed the TSB Sticky at the top of this page, called “Left Pull Issue”??
In early ’11 the issue was well known and I shopped my car accordingly. Then helped the service guys diagnose it and pushed to get then non-standard procedures done to correct it. When done I inspected it, found it perfect and bought it. I got on here and praised my dealer and Engineering who authorized the fixes. Then I joined others here to help all those crying about a brand new car that goes across lanes on its own. Caddies, Benzes, Mazdas and everything else doesn’t. Only Optima (and Sonata).
I’ve been cheerleading the car to those that wanted to turn away from the car and get Altimas. Guess you missed that in my posts…
We’ve had several sales guys try to work the crowd here and all they would tell guys is what colors were on their showroom floor and what great lease deals they’d make. More cars were sold here by word of mouth than any genuine Corporate responsiveness to customer concerns.
You guys are no exception.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts