Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get this message on the dash even if I am in park. The indicator on the dash says P, the actual shift is in P, but I still get the message after I turn the car off, followed by a long beep after I close the door and the keyfob will no longer lock the door.

My internet sleuthing led me to a post mentioning the automatic transmission gear position sensor (I've also seen it called the neutral safety switch).

Could this be it? They aren't super expensive and fairly easy to change. I just don't want to chase a ghost.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 kia optima LX
2 Posts
I get this message on the dash even if I am in park. The indicator on the dash says P, the actual shift is in P, but I still get the message after I turn the car off, followed by a long beep after I close the door and the keyfob will no longer lock the door.

My internet sleuthing led me to a post mentioning the automatic transmission gear position sensor (I've also seen it called the neutral safety switch).

Could this be it? They aren't super expensive and fairly easy to change. I just don't want to chase a ghost.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
checking to see if you found a solution? thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts