Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm frustrated with this issue. We got it to work a few times but the majority of the time it won't connect. it just says it's not in range when the phone is sitting in front of the radio. I sat on the phone with apple for an hour and they couldn't figure out the problem and said I needed to goto my dealership when they told me to go to apple. i'm getting the run around. I'm thinking the phone is so new with the technology and Bluetooth that apple needs to fix it in a patch. I had the 4S before and had no problems even when I updated to IOS6. not one single issue with Bluetooth, until I got the 5 i'm having a world of issues with connecting and staying connected. Someone else having the same issues or can tell e how to fix it????

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
No problems with my 2011 with the navigation headunit. I first unpaired and deleted my 4 from the headunit and then paired my 5.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
If your 4S had zero issues, then I'd bet it's your new iPhone 5 that's causing the problem.

I have the new iPhone 5 and works better than my 4 (never had a 4S). At least it seems to connect faster and there is less "no connects" where I had to turn off Bluetooth and re-enable on phone for it to finally connect to car.

Again, if old phone worked with vehicle radio and nothing else has changed except for the new phone, it is more than likely something with the new phone...

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
No problems with my 2011 with the navigation headunit. I first unpaired and deleted my 4 from the headunit and then paired my 5.
Have the same setup and did exactly what bluntman did. No probs for me either...

Besides returning your phone, you could try to reload iOS 6 and see if that helps. I doubt it will but worth a shot before you try returning your phone. That's going to be a hassle.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
My iphone 5 pairs fine also. I use Siri alot since it automatically connects into the speaker and mic when I hit the the button for Siri.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found out the phone I had was no good and they replaced with another 5. Got into my car and connected to Bluetooth with no problems at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts