Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 kia sportage AWD and had a hitch put in, and thought about installing a transmission cooler, however my sportage already had one. Do all 2012 kia sportages have transmission coolers?

·
Registered
2012 sportage LX AWD
10 Posts
I'm not positive, but i think all cars with automatic transmissions have them. Cars with towing packages will usually have an extra or bigger one.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
It has a cooler built into the radiator, but you could add an auxiliary cooler in front of the radiator/condenser if you want. The towing capacity of the Sportage is pretty low, though, so I don't think an add-on cooler is needed. Its not like your pulling a 10k lb boat up a mountain, unless you are, in which case I wouldn't admit it.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX AWD
9 Posts
Tranny Cooler

If your towing add a cooler. Towing is hard on any transmission. If you want to have a transmission in a cooler area get one that has the bypass valve. The bypass valve will not open in colder weather until your Tranny fluid is warmed up. If you just go and put a big tranny cooler on you will find you tranny will have a hard time changing gears in the cold. You could always change to synthetic Tranny fluid also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts