Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 month old 2012 Kia Sportage. I hear an audible sound when I open the drivers side door. It does not happen all the time but enough that it drives me crazy trying to figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas? Can't find anything in the manual? Also, it seems to happen only when parked in the garage. Lights maybe???

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
and where are you located, vehicles are not equipped the same worldwide?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,000 Posts
Mine doesn't do it..............

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
I live in North Central Wisconsin
good, now if you could add that to your location profile on the left and fill in the details of what you are driving, it would be a big help for answering future posts - thanks. :D

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
Probably you have your sunroof open even just a little bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am new till this forum and I have had my Sportage for just over two weeks. The car is a Sportage 2, 1.7cc, and we live in UK. About a week after we purchased the car an alarm goes off when the drivers door is opened. The alarm goes on for about six tones and stops when the key is inserted in the ignition. I cannot find any reference to it in the handbook, and have checked that the sunroof is closed properly.
Any ideas what is causing this to happen..?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Ditto on the sunroof.

And yes, it is annoying. Maybe if your sunroof is just tilted I can see someone missing that. But if you can't see half your roof isn't there when you park, well you deserve all the bird poop and rain that falls in.

·
Registered
Sportage GT-Line 1.6T-GDI DCT (UK)
20 Posts
Hi, I am new till this forum and I have had my Sportage for just over two weeks. The car is a Sportage 2, 1.7cc, and we live in UK. About a week after we purchased the car an alarm goes off when the drivers door is opened. The alarm goes on for about six tones and stops when the key is inserted in the ignition. I cannot find any reference to it in the handbook, and have checked that the sunroof is closed properly.
Any ideas what is causing this to happen..?
It depends on the order you do it in;

- Open door, then switch off ignition: Beep
- Switch off ignition, then open door: No beep

If you open the door first and it beeps, you can stop the beeps by pressing the black button on the door pillar (The one that operates the interior 'door open' light)

·
Registered
Kia Sportage KX2
1 Posts
Gotcha ya bugger!!!

You guys are the best. Been bugging me for days in my wife's Sportage. Sunroof open a couple of mm's clunked shut when I hit the button. Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts