Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was online this morning and ordered a set of Cross Bars for my fiancés 2012 Sorento SX, I ordered part number 1U021 ADU00 (The black Cross Bars Made By KIA) So I ordered this set for our Sorento SX, and once I clicked Submit I saw another chrome set for $30 more that says its for the SX, and under the black set it states not for the SX. So I quickly called the Kia Super Store which I ordered these from and they said it will work, the SX and Non SX are the same bars just the other one has chrome. Is this okay or should I be worried? :confused:

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
i'm pretty sure it should be fine

most of these bars, specially after market ones they have adjustable sizes

most dealer sold accessories are just your regular after market items, but branded at 2 or 3 times the actual cost when you buy them outside

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are actual KIA Parts, Purchased online from a Kia Dealer, so they are supposed to be made just for our Sorento. So I assume they are not adjustable. :confused: I would think both are the same exact except one is chrome and one is not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter... the chrome ones are just shiny. I have a fully loaded EX (wanted an SX but the dealer gave me a great deal I couldn't refuse) with the chrome cross bars.

The only difference you need to worry about is the bars made for the panoramic roof vs those that are made for a solid roof.

- JrP

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They deliver tomorrow, so I guess I will see!! haha. Yeah I did make sure to order the ones that were for w/o sunroof. I atleast got that far

1 - 5 of 5 Posts