Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX FWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog has chewed and destroyed the tow connector on the factory wiring harness underneath the vehicle. I also believe this has caused my left turn signal to malfunction. I have looked everywhere online to find a replacement wiring harness and can't find one. The tow cable looks to connect to a bundle of wires that go up through the left brake lights and further up. I'm afraid I will have to take to dealership to fix? Any suggestions or comments?

· Registered
Sorento 2012
379 Posts
When I first bought my Sorento, I looked into adding a trailer hitch and wiring. There were a lot of different manufactures on line that offered the wiring kits for this. If you can not find one then the dealer may be your best option if you want a direct factory replacement.

If the wiring has shorted out and caused the left turn signal to malfunction, it may have caused more damage to the system then just the wiring. I have seen in the past on this board of people having issues with the left turn signals and it was a bad BCM. Body Control Modules in the Sorento do most of the electrical functions. Because of this, they are expensive to replace and program. Kia electrical systems are very sensitive and can be easily damaged if overloaded.

· Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,911 Posts
This is the Kia part# your looking for,U8612-1U020. Sorry, it's on back order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts