Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new here.

My Sorento SX just got delivered last friday from a dealership 200kms away from our place. Since its getting dark, i haven't had time to check the nitty gritty things in the car so I signed all the papers and call it a day.

Come saturday morning, i'm giving it its first wipe then I noticed that there is a gash/scratch on the bottom black grill/bumper? with a dimple on it. Also, the right illuminated scuff plate has a crack on it.

Here are other things i've noticed:

- right park light is busted
- left back tire is underinflated (check that it is only 14psi!!!)
- nav not working (can't press Agree, English, Francois,etc button)
- dirty engine bay, interior and exterior
- keyfob and engine start fob doesn't look like bnew anymore :(

Now, I got frustrated and called up the Kia salesman that sold me this car and told me basically that i received a bnew suv but in a false condition. He promised that if i came down to their dealership they will all fix/repair things so it'll be mint.

Come wednesday morning, me and my wife drove all the way down to their dealership to get things sorted. We arrived there at around 9am, showed them my list of things to get done. He told us it won't be done till 4pm so he handed us a Ford Edge key to get us around the city while we wait.

3:30pm at the dealership and kia salesman told us it's almost ready.
After he handed me the keys 45 min after, here are the report:

- have to order the black bumper and the scuff plate as they don't have stock
- will replace the whole Nav system/head unit because it can't be reprogrammed
- no engine detailers are available at the moment so all they did was int/ext cleaning.
- the extra fobs were kept by another employee who was on leave so he'll have to mail it to me

And to make the day worse, since the windshield is clean now i've noticed i have a small rock chip right in line with the top of my steering wheel. Sure it is small but i'm an OC kind of guy and i can't help but shake my head.

The Kia service guy told me to contact him directly instead of talking to the salesman as far as service is concerned. He said he will place the order now of the head unit, scuff plate and the bumper and he will call me so I can bring in AGAIN my sorento and all will be happy.

Sorry for the long post guys, comments are very much welcomed.

NOTE: odo is [email protected] but had a good deal with it - discount, 2 full tanks, 6 oil changes

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
Sorry about all the problems. But all of this could have been taken care of IF, you would have done a proper inspection BEFORE you took delivery.
Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
sounds like a USED card to me, rather than a new car

200km away, they could have easily driven it to from Dealer A to Dealer B

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
Demo car. Sounds like the whole dealership drove it for a while.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX GDI AWD Bright Silver, 2012 Rio LX+ GDI Clear White
63 Posts
At 2500 km on the ODO, it's impossible for it to be considered as brand new. It's a demo so all the things you saw are normal.

·
Registered
SORENTO 2012 V6 EX AWD SUNROOF MOONROOF
116 Posts
A new car should have abt 80-100KM. (testing and perhaps a dealer trip) even 300km is acceptable.
They sold you a demo at 2500 km I'd flat out take it up with KIA HQ.
You have all the proof you need, however who pays this much for a Suv without checking the condition, I'm guessing you have most likely signed that you received the SUV in perfect condition.
Did you check the odometer reading on the sign-off paper?
When I received my Sorento it still had the Plastic (peel-off) on the some of badges and I could not even find a fingerprint it was in perfect condition.
You said you got a good-deal a Demo -deal?

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
OP

how much "deal" discount exactly did you get?
hope it was worth it

because the 2 tank of Gas + 6 oil changes cost nothing compared to all the problems you're facing

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
I once bought a dealer demo. I paid invoice less US$1.50 per mile (it had 1500 miles on it) on the odometer. They also threw in free oil changes. However, I went over that car with a fine toothed comb before I signed anything.

I hate to "blame the victim," but this is one of those cases where the buyer should have been a bit more vigilant.

Best,

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
I would have scheduled it to be picked up next day, instead of signing the papers quickly at night time without time to check and go over the details.

that's exactly what i did when i picked up my Sorento

1 - 12 of 12 Posts