Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sorento and 2012 Sorento
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Sorento 105,000 miles. There is no more adjustment on the rear ecentric bolts. Can not "pull" the lower arm "in" any further but the wheels are still tilted in at the top. Are the lower control arms in need of replacement? Or do the upper control arms need to be replaced to push the wheel out at the top?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone help? Do I need to change the lower control arms to get the rear wheels to straighten out?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sedona 3.5L
19 Posts
You might need to consult a more specialized forum for your question, as I understand it is either something you wish to modify or you have another suspension problem like weak springs that would be allowing a lower ride height. I would try https://www.toyota-4runner.org/ for folks who are more familiar with modifications or if it's a stock repair I've had good luck finding answers on Bob Is The Oil Guy.

I'm going to leave that first paragraph, but now after rereading you initial post I looked up the Rock Auto parts for the rear suspension, and you need to identify where the deficiency is to see what needs to be replaced, as it could be the bushing in either upper or lower or both could be worn. Not sure if you have rear coil springs but it is possible they are broke, seen that on a Sienna once. Shocks can leak oil and may cause the problem too.

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
816 Posts
Did you go to alignment shop to have it checked? Is it way out of camber specs? As it was mentioned above springs may have sagged.
Many cars including my Sportage have negative camber in the back from factory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comments. I'm not modifying the suspension. The springs are fine and I did put some spring helpers to raise the back end. This did bring the wheels out a bit at the top. Using a 12" level on 2 ribe of the rim I need to pull the top of the level out 3/8" to make it level. Standing 25' from the back of the car you can see then tilt in at the top. I freed up the ecentric bolts and there is no more adjustment to pull the lower arms in to pull the bottom of the wheel in. There is evidence of tire wear on the inside and want to buy new snow tires and don't want to wreck them. Should I change the lower control arms? I'm not going to get into changing the upper one because the whole suspension needs to be dropped. I don't want to bring it in for an alignment just to be told there is no more adjustment left. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts