Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, does anybody have the exact dimensions for speakers that will fit the front and rear doors of a 2012 Kia Rio5 EX with UVO system?

Crutchfield's selector tells you what fits but not what the actual dimensions are so you can't explore speakers that they dont sell.

I am interested in the Polk DXI650 currently on sale from Bestbuy (they have a wider frequency range than the DXI650S from Crutchfield) but BestBuy's speaker selection guide no longer seems to be working. The DXI650 has a raised tweeter hence my concern as they need a little height clearance.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - is there much room between the door and the door trim for the tweeters ?
The DXI650 tweeter is raised in the middle (i.e. not flush with the rest of the speaker).

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Agreed. I have those Polk's too and there's plenty of room, even tho Crutchfield says they don't fit. They fit just fine front and back.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much to both of you for your help. I'll get the DXI650 (they go as low as 35hz vs 50hz for the DXI650S).

One last question, did either of you instll any Dynamat sound proofer while the door panel was off ?

·
Registered
Kia Rio YB . GT-line 2018
213 Posts
i did not but but i know some ho did the say its better i say if you get it cheap do it
i ownly made my door pannels sreek free if you put your arm on the door panel it makes nois so if you have the same problem and you take your pannels of put a strip of tape like on the picture i see also if i can find pictures of the dynamat

·
Registered
Carnival EX Limited
83 Posts
Thanks very much to both of you for your help. I'll get the DXI650 (they go as low as 35hz vs 50hz for the DXI650S).
I wouldn't fret about the frequency range. That's for a perfect enclosure, not a car door. If you get 70hz decently I'd be surprised. Personally I'd go for a component set up front

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts

One last question, did either of you instll any Dynamat sound proofer while the door panel was off ?
Havent installed dynamat yet. I'm going to do it Spring break. Will probably go with b-quiet tho. Cheaper and just as good from what I've read.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did anybody install dynamat or b-quiet ? Just curious as I am finished traveling for work for a while and plan to finally install the speakers tomorrow.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
xtra40 - thanks for the tip on curing the squeak - my driver side door does it but my passenger door is fine.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
My B-Quiet was delivered yesterday. I'll be installing it when I have some time. Hopefully this weekend since the weather is so nice.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I installed two Polk DXI650 in the front and two Polk DXI650S in the rear today.

Speaker Specs:

DXI 650
Power Handling 60w rms/180w peak
Frequency Reponse 35hz to 22khz
Sensitivity 92dB

DXI 650S
Power Handling 55w rms/165w peak
Frequency Response 50hz to 22khz
Sensitivity 92dB

They sound exceptionally clear but I seem to have lost what little bass the UVO system put out.

The bass and mid controls now have little to no effect.

I believe I need to install an amplifier to get the most from these speakers and recover some low end, possibly a 4 x 50 or a 4 x 75 rms amp.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Why did you put the "S" in the rear? The DXi650 fit just fine both front and rear and will give you a more balanced sound. But yes you do need an amp to get the most out of those speakers.

I installed two Polk DXI650 in the front and two Polk DXI650S in the rear today.

Speaker Specs:

DXI 650
Power Handling 60w rms/180w peak
Frequency Reponse 35hz to 22khz
Sensitivity 92dB

DXI 650S
Power Handling 55w rms/165w peak
Frequency Response 50hz to 22khz
Sensitivity 92dB

They sound exceptionally clear but I seem to have lost what little bass the UVO system put out.

The bass and mid controls now have little to no effect.

I believe I need to install an amplifier to get the most from these speakers and recover some low end, possibly a 4 x 50 or a 4 x 75 rms amp.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The "S" were a gift from my wife and she did not realize there was a difference. So I put them in the rear to save returning and repurchasing from an online store.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts