Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi it's my first time in this forum and i dont have the car yet... so.. I live in SF and trying to find one SX, but no hope. well I have a few question in mind.
1. Am I still able to buy 2012 model?
2. I found some SX model in other states, can my local dealer trade with them or do something so that I can get it?
3. Is Kia reliable? I mean of cuz its not a toyota, but not easy to break?
4. Any other alternatives that you recommend?

sigh I know its a rare car, but... not this rare...:(

Thanks everyone!!!!!

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
1) Yes 2012 are still in lots but 2012 have stopped production and 2013 are being transitioned in. They are quite popular.

2) Yes your local dealer can trade with others out of state but there will be a delivery charge which can vary

3) Kia is reliable but the rio is yet to show us anything. Basing it off older models like forte that has been in market for a bit longer they have been very reliable. We have the best warranty in industry so even if things go wrong you're fine.

4) Depends on your price range and personal preferences. But the Rio will get you the best bang for the buck, a good looking car, a great warranty and best of all a great community here :)

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
I was in my dealership today for the first service on my Soul, and asking him about the 2012 Rio's, he said there is none at the compounds, what is in stock its just what's on dealers lots. He has started to get some 2013's into stock. The higher models are not easy to get at present, just high demand. The Rio sales in the US so far this year are up a 100% over 2011 for the same period.

Don't judge old Kia products reputation vs the current generation (probably from about 2007 onward), I'm on my second one due to the previous one being so reliable. Check out some of the Toyota forums you'll find out they are not "bullet proof".

By alternatives, are you talking about other Kia products or competing products to the Rio in the sub-compact class?

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Hello Riogti,

You ask if Kia cars are reliable. I asked myself the same question before taking the plunge after being in the domestic market all my life. I just couldn't find the car that made me tick at Ford, Chrysler or GM. Of all the "imported" cars, only Kia made me freak a bit. Bad bad reputation did I tell myself but after seeing the Rio, I couldn't believe what I saw. A superb design, a great interior, all the options I wanted and so many more and on top of that, a better guarantee than Toyota or Honda. I remember one of my sister's first cars, it was an Accent, those who were shaped like Schtroumph cars. And I looked at the 2012 Accent and I was convinced...that Kia-Hyundai built great cars. But I'm not dumb: there can be lemons among their cars too. But probably in lesser quantity than even Toyota. And man I know people that hate their Toyota! So go for it. You can't be so wrong. Plus, it's my believe that today's cars are better cars than 10 or 20 years ago. Believe me, you wouldn't want to drive a Mercury Topaz LS like I did in 1988. No you wouldn't. 3 speed auto, 100km=3200 RPM for example. Today, I love my Rio and I am so glad I didn't buy a "reputation" like a Honda Civic or a Fit or a Mazda 2 (I've seen them all).

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
My first Kia was an '03 Spectra. +129,000 miles, regular maintenance, no problems (other than a CAS sensor & brake proportioning valve). I love my '12 Rio5 LX. Vast improvement over my first Kia. I'll have owned it 7 months come the 28th, and I've put over 14,000 miles on her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts