Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and tried searching for a similar problem I'm experiencing, but couldn't really find anything.

Anyways, I just purchased my Kia Rio SX end of May and have recently been experiencing some issue with the steering wheel/display controls.

This has maybe been happening for the past 2-3 weeks, but sometimes (right after starting my car, or just anytime my car feels like it) I'll go to press the "down button" (on the steering wheel controls) to change a song or preset station or whatever it is I'm listening to, and it'll switch to the next mode. So, for instance, I'm listening to FM radio and I'd like to switch my preset station to something else, it'll switch me to AM radio. If I'm listening to something on Sirius, sometimes it'll switch to the music on my iPhone via Bluetooth (if I don't have it charging already). Same happens when I try to use the "up button", it'll go the opposite direction of what it should. Happens both on steering wheel controls and normal dashboard controls. Sometimes after a few minutes of driving / me not changing anything, it'll switch back to normal and work fine.

Was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this? I'd appreciate any feedback. Was considering of taking it to the dealership to see what they could do..

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SX
18 Posts
I have never had mine switch sources when pressing the channel change switch, it only loops through the presets. I *have* accidentally hit the Mode button while turning on many occasions.

Should be easy enough to replicate for a dealer. Definitely bring it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts