Kia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I came across tonight on a video showcasing the Rio 2012 in Russia. Feels to me like a cross between and Accent and a Rio. Look at the front fascia, Accent's fog lights. The mirrors are not on the door but on the triangle over the door. Why would Kia change the model so much from one country to another.
Enjoy. Racineur

Attachments

· Registered
41 Posts
I've always found it odd how auto manufacturers go to all that extra time and expense to make different models for different countries - why is a universal model not used? One thing for sure is that whatever the reason, it is better for their bottom line.

Btw - I see you are in Quebec... Hello from Nova Scotia.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
109 Posts
I went to the kia indonesia site and the exterior of the vehicle seems pretty similar. the interior seems very plain though (no UVO, no NAVI) and the steering wheel was plain as well. Price is roughtly 20k USD by conversion. They only of M/T and A/T trim options.1.4 gamma engine with 107 hp, 99.8 ft.lb

Having lived in indonesia though, the roads there are awful and most people (myself included) had chauffeurs so who cares about the steering wheel features.

Attachments

· Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
922 Posts
Different countries will have different laws and different market needs. Sometimes it works and other times it dont
Pontiac GTO/G8.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi!
Nothing strange in this fact at all. KIA announced RIO as a budget car and has unified some details with Solaris (Russian name for Accent). These two models are produced at the same plant at St.Petersburg (simultaneously 4 and 5-doors models) and sold out at a quite moderate price to gain a bigger part of the fast growing Russian market.
FYI
The KIA models range in Russia is quite interesting (same for Hyundai6 I mean future models). This is also true for the trims/packages.
Have a look at a dealer's web-site (kia.ru/models)

Attachments

· Registered
RIO 2012
9 Posts
I went to the kia indonesia site and the exterior of the vehicle seems pretty similar. the interior seems very plain though (no UVO, no NAVI) and the steering wheel was plain as well. Price is roughtly 20k USD by conversion. They only of M/T and A/T trim options.1.4 gamma engine with 107 hp, 99.8 ft.lb

Having lived in indonesia though, the roads there are awful and most people (myself included) had chauffeurs so who cares about the steering wheel features.
Hi Zergal,
I Live in Jakarta-Indonesia, and just bought this february.
interior is very simple, exactly like what you said. the worst part is that on the head unit, they (KIA) cut from single DIN to make it double DIN, not making for the double DIN. So there are rough edges on it...
we don't have the DRL-HID front light and LED Back light. I don't know whether KIA motor Indonesia will have more options.
So far the price is just worth the money.

· Registered
109 Posts
Hi Zergal,
I Live in Jakarta-Indonesia, and just bought this february.
interior is very simple, exactly like what you said. the worst part is that on the head unit, they (KIA) cut from single DIN to make it double DIN, not making for the double DIN. So there are rough edges on it...
we don't have the DRL-HID front light and LED Back light. I don't know whether KIA motor Indonesia will have more options.
So far the price is just worth the money.
yea I lived in jakarta for about sepuluh tahun. Sekolah disitu sampe smp 3 trus balik sini buat universitas. decided to stay here afterwards.

either way, it is what it is. If my kia had the double din with an after-market stereo (JVC i think), I would immediately replace it with a double din touch screen pioneer like I did on my last car.

@theoaja: how is the exterior of the car? do you see a big difference? any pics?

· Registered
RIO 2012
9 Posts
yea I lived in jakarta for about sepuluh tahun. Sekolah disitu sampe smp 3 trus balik sini buat universitas. decided to stay here afterwards.

either way, it is what it is. If my kia had the double din with an after-market stereo (JVC i think), I would immediately replace it with a double din touch screen pioneer like I did on my last car.

@theoaja: how is the exterior of the car? do you see a big difference? any pics?
@Zergal: Masih bisa bahasa Indonesia, atau memang orang Indonesia?:)

anyhow, here are pics I took last weekend.

Still haven't changed the JVC, I like the bluetooth on it a lot.
I wish could change the lights with LED ones....

· Registered
109 Posts
@theoaja: masih bisa lah dikit dikit. nyokap org jawa so that helps quite a bit.

At least Kia Indonesia decided to put back up sensors on the rear bumper by the look of it. I do love the black and white licence plate as it's not as flashy as the north american plates.

@theoaja: the last time i was there, the license plate only had two letters at the end, sekarang udah 3 huruf yah? I guess there are even more cars than ever there..

Is that the granite colour? do you know what %tage tint you have? I'm getting mine tinted on friday and not sure if I want to go 20% or 35% on the front windows..

Nice ride!

· Registered
RIO 2012
9 Posts
@theoaja: masih bisa lah dikit dikit. nyokap org jawa so that helps quite a bit.

At least Kia Indonesia decided to put back up sensors on the rear bumper by the look of it. I do love the black and white licence plate as it's not as flashy as the north american plates.

@theoaja: the last time i was there, the license plate only had two letters at the end, sekarang udah 3 huruf yah? I guess there are even more cars than ever there..

Is that the granite colour? do you know what %tage tint you have? I'm getting mine tinted on friday and not sure if I want to go 20% or 35% on the front windows..

Nice ride!
@Zergal
the license plate really shows how the number of cars now...
Yes it's granite, KIA calls it platinum graphite.
I have 20% on the front and 40% for others.
anyway what color is your Rio?

· Registered
109 Posts
Mine is also Graphite. I think they called it Graphite Pearl
Very nice colour. I originally requested the black, but they didn't have it and came up with the graphite instead. I now think that the graphite is a better colour than the black so it works out great.

· Registered
RIO 2012
9 Posts
Mine is also Graphite. I think they called it Graphite Pearl
Very nice colour. I originally requested the black, but they didn't have it and came up with the graphite instead. I now think that the graphite is a better colour than the black so it works out great.

HAHAHA, sama bos.....
I want the black one too but they offer graphite because it's ready much faster at that time. So I took it, and it turned out looking better... perhaps you can also post your pics in the picture thread...:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.