Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima 2.0 turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased used 2012 Optima turbo in Jan 2019 from non Kia dealership and within one year the engine seized up due to rod thru engine block. I was told by local mechanic Kia had ton of recalls for that exact problem. I called local Kia dealership and they said it should be eligible for engine replacement after I gave them vin and told them what happened. I had it towed in and got a call the next day from their service tech saying Kia won't honor the engine replacement because the ecu software update was never installed. When I bought the car I was never informed about any recalls or updates needing performed. I never received a letter or phone call or anything like that, probably because it was bought used from a non-kia dealership. I have ran my vin multiple times on Kia and nhtsa website and it says "zero unrepaired recalls" Do recalls get removed if they've supposedly been fixed? Was the software update mandatory and takes the accountability off Kia if its not performed? Has anyone been in this situation, and if so could you offer me some guidance in what my next steps should be please?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Optima S
6 Posts
I don't think it was the turbo engine that was on the list. The 2.4 was the big one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts