Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone my name is Joe. I just bought my brand new 2012 Kia Forte Koup in Metallic, EX, and absolutely love it this car is beautiful. However I have noticed that the curtain side airbag panels are fairly loose, is this the case on anyone elses? I have read that it could be beause in the event of an accident the airbags will pop out easier, but then why wouldnt the rear airbag panels be loose as well, they are rock solid on there. Also when the car auto downshifts, it goes from 6, 5, 4, 3, to 1...NEVER hits 2 unless I manually shift it down.

Thanks for the help everyone I really appreciate it

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
where are you located?

Panels over the side airbags should not be loose, maybe just need to be snapped in properly, see your dealer they'll fix it. They will get blown off in the case of activation.

Just a bit puzzled how you know its skipping a gear when you can't see the readings on the instrument gauge when its in DRIVE mode, it only shows that if you use the sport mode of the auto transmission.

·
Registered
2011 Forte 5 Door
96 Posts
I know you are looking for answers but in this case only a dealer can help. Take it in...

UPDATE: Had to go out for a bit ,so i tested out the tranny shift. And indeed it does not go to 2nd .Because at the time you are under braking for a stop, the car is going slow enough so it can safely shift from 3rd to 1st with out haveing to hit 2nd ...All is good with your tranny ..Now air bags ,thats a dealer must see...Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts