Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio EX
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used my cruise while traveling at highway speeds (~70 mph). After exiting the highway I tried to reset cruise at a lower speed (~45 mph), however, it would not engage. I tried turning it off and back on via the steering wheel control. The issue persisted.

Only after turning the car off and then restarting it would the cruise control function again.

This issue occurred twice in the past 13 months. But it was so rare I never thought to bring it up. However, after occurring two times this week alone, I wanted to see if any one else experienced this.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio EX
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It happened a few more times recently. It seems to happen after hard acceleration.

I took the car to the dealer the other day. They were unable to replicate the issue. It happened after I left and I turned right around. They looked at it again and were unable to determine the issue in an hour.

So, next week it is going back so they can play with it some more.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio EX
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its been 2 weeks since I took it back to the dealer and let them have it for the day. They adjusted the brake switch and I have not had an issue since.

I know I'm the only one to have posted on this thread thus far, but if anyone else has this issue I thought it would be good to update it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts