2012 Kia soul "!" 52,000 miles tomato red in color
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first post here

2012 kia soul (red)
52,000 miles (yes that's correct) :)
excellent condition exterior, ok interior

the car starts and runs flawlessly, but:

1) if i plug in the yellow double fuse, with the "MODULE 15a" side fuse in place, the battery will drain to the point of not starting, in minutes.

the "room lamp" side of the double fuse holder appears to have no effect on the parasitic draw

the heat unit and reverse camera turn on properly but:

2) there is no sound from the radio other than the BEEP when menus are selected.

i've removed the amplifier from under the subwoofer and looked inside to see if it appeared burned, but noticed no swollen capacitors etc

i'm guessing the parasitic draw is from the keyfob / locking/ unlocking side of the MODULE fuse, or something screwy with this cars wire harness?

things i've done:
parasitic draw test =
min without yellow double fuse .01-.05a
max with yellow double fuse .6-1.2a (wow that's high!)

i've checked all the interior lights, and they appear to be turning off when doors are closed

any help or ideas on what this may be ?

3) if it's the head unit, what's a GREAT replacement head unit for this car?

4) if i'm replacing the head unit, is there a special kit i need to but to make the hazard/etc buttons fit properly again ?

5) if it's the amplifier, is there a known repair service for this unit, because they look expensive as heck at the oem !

thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
09FDDD6F-9E57-43A4-AECA-B3D5D6FADF86.jpeg

i hoped to use either of these with my 2012 kia soul, but i don't believe they have the right plus on them.

i'm attatching images, so you can compare them to yours. these are the hyundai versions, same as kia , from my research.

if either of these can be used in your cars holler !

i don't know how for sale stuff works on this forum, but mods please just delete it if it's not allowed... if it is i'll donate 10% to the forum i is th they sell here

thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've replaced the head unit, the amplifier, disconnected speakers, and now I've given up.

this is a very low milage, nice car, but the radio problem is going to make me sell it. I've wasted an entire weekend trying to figure out why there is no sound from this garbage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts