Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! When I first bought my Sportage I was looking for a black T GDI badge with only the red and chrome lettering. I was unable to find one anywhere so I PlastiDipped mine and peeled out the lettering. Just wanted to post some pictures in case anyone was looking for one. I am pretty anti-chrome so I blacked out the AWD badges on the sides, also done the chrome window trim. I done the chrome grill outline as well this weekend just don't have any pictures yet. Just wanted to post a couple of pictures in case anyone was wondering how it would turn out. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Looks pretty good man, I like the all black look (well mostly black). Wheels look good too!

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! My boyfriend was on the fence over the AWD badges he liked them chrome but I won and now he agrees with me! Just wanted to share some pictures! Thanks for the positive feed back.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Touring; 2003 Jeep Wrangler
46 Posts
I love the blacked-out window trim, may have to do that myself one weekend when my wife isn't looking......since it is her car!

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Sorry for calling you "man".

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Looks legit. Nice. I am also "anti-chrome" for the most part. Have a bit of my SX of course but, wouldn't add anything personally. I also like the minimal clean look of the sportage.

Again, looks great!

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX, 2000 Nissan Sentra SE
12 Posts
I have been thinking about doing the same thing. Did you sand the door trim before you panted? I would like to see your grill when you get the chance. Did you do the chrome above the fog lights to?

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I have been thinking about doing the same thing. Did you sand the door trim before you panted? I would like to see your grill when you get the chance. Did you do the chrome above the fog lights to?
Plasti-Dip doesn't require any sanding of the surface before painting.

·
Premium Member
11 Sportage AWD SX
32 Posts
Plasti-Dip doesn't require any sanding of the surface before painting.
And holds up very well to abuse I might add. Have all of the mentioned above plasti-dipped on mine as well as the door handles. Been several months now and no signs of wear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you bluntman, PAJeep, and Kay.r (for the pics). I have been thinking about doing this and did know the best way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
And holds up very well to abuse I might add. Have all of the mentioned above plasti-dipped on mine as well as the door handles. Been several months now and no signs of wear.
When you did your door handles did you just mask off around them and paint? Sorry to ask so many questions, I have not done a lot of cosmetic changes to any of my cars.

·
Premium Member
11 Sportage AWD SX
32 Posts
When you did your door handles did you just mask off around them and paint? Sorry to ask so many questions, I have not done a lot of cosmetic changes to any of my cars.
No worries, I sprayed them in May. Left about an inch and a half around the handles clear since the plasti-dip is so easy to peel off. Just painters tape and some sheets to avoid overspray. I did put some tape over the indented area of the door behind the handles as well just to save from having to peel behind it. Lots of how to youtube videos for plasti-dip. Very easy to work with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts