Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Touring; 2003 Jeep Wrangler
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a long road trip in the wife's Kia Soul (1,300+ miles) we decided there just wasn't enough room in the car for the 4 of us (we have 2 boys age 6 and 4). My wife had been eyeing the Sorento with 3rd row seating as a possible replacement vehicle so we went and test drove the EX V6 model and she really liked the power over her current Soul+.

The dealer also had a 2011 Sportage SX so I convinced my wife to give it a try since it had the turbo-charged engine. She was a little reluctant given her impression on the Sorento and the color of the Sportage but she took it for a test drive. I could tell by the smile on her face when she came back that I was in trouble (i.e. new car time!).

Long story short we walked out of the dealership with a slightly used 2011 Kia Sportage SX in Techno Orange (8,600 miles) for $25,192 all-in which included an extended warranty for 7yr/100,000 miles. The car has everything except navigation. I wasn't sure about the extended warranty but wanted to be covered for the entire life of the loan on the vehicle. I also got 3.5% financing which made the increased car payment a little easier to bear :D (I had been paying only $157/mo on her leased Soul+).

So how do you think I did overall?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Honestly? I paid 4 grand more but mine is fully loaded and had no miles on it, plus a model year newer.

That said, I do like that color and from what I am seeing, you paid about what everyone else is paying for the '11 SX. So I don't think you got ripped off or anything, but to me, I would rather pay a little bit more and get something brand new. But that is just my opinion.

Either way, enjoy it man, post some interior pics when you can. Does it have the orange on the inside?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly? I paid 4 grand more but mine is fully loaded and had no miles on it, plus a model year newer.

That said, I do like that color and from what I am seeing, you paid about what everyone else is paying for the '11 SX. So I don't think you got ripped off or anything, but to me, I would rather pay a little bit more and get something brand new. But that is just my opinion.

Either way, enjoy it man, post some interior pics when you can. Does it have the orange on the inside?
I didn't notice any orange on the inside I'll have to take a second look.

Sounds like you got a really good deal! I was looking at new but did not want to spend the additional $$ to buy new, plus with the warranty I have more coverage now than buying new. I could have saved a few $$'s from skipping the warranty but wanted the peace of mind.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a few more shots but they probably all look the same on the inside lol!

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Oh, gotcha. I have seen some orange ones with orange on the inside. Maybe it was custom?

Anyway, the car itself is a good deal, but dealers will work on these things. I don't see how the warranty is any different. Is yours 100k bumper to bumper? Either way, I know the extra 4-5k sounds bad, but it only raises your payment a few bucks a month.

Anyways, enjoy the ride bro, huge step up from the Soul I bet.

·
Premium Member
11 Sportage AWD SX
32 Posts
There were 2 options on '11 for either Orange or Blue interior inserts in the door panels.
It was actually a bit more than that. The seats had the colored stitching incorporated in as well. I believe the dash may have had some coloring in it as well. Tried finding the Black Cherry with Orange Interior option being a Baltimore Orioles fan however it seemed next to impossible to find without ordering and waiting which I will / would never do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, the warranty is 7yr/100k bumper to bumper, so it will have a couple of years left over on the warranty even after it's paid off. The only thing not covered for that long is the paint which is only 3yr/36k from the factory...I need to read thru the paperwork again and verify that. I was thinking about having the front wrapped with some 3M vinyl to protect the front end from rock chips. We won't put more than 10k a year on it for mileage so the years will run out before the mileage.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I need to add a few extra $'s to my monthly gas budget this car is like a little rocket ship and so fun to drive!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
I think I need to add a few extra $'s to my monthly gas budget this car is like a little rocket ship and so fun to drive!
Ha! I said the same thing yesterday. I also just got an 11 SX last week. 8900 miles for $24900. But, just factory warranty - no extended. Sadly I made the poor choice of getting a 12 EX and hating it. Trading it in for my signal red SX and pissing away $5k or so on the trade in :mad: Of course I expected it with instant new car depreciation but, still stings a bit.

Oh well, I like you are enjoying it. Great little ride and my local dealer seems helpful. They were shocked when I came back in with the SX. The sales lady asked me where did my ex w/ 4500 miles go?! Heh...

·
Registered
1.7 CRDi (model 3 (SX?))
52 Posts
I think you've bought a lemon.
The steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Nice choice fellow Techno owner :)

·
Registered
2013 MINI Hardtop S
79 Posts
I LOVE MINE
I wouldn't give it up for anything at this point... i've had it for over a year in March got a cpl extras on it. I get good enough milage. No complaints. I'm pretty sure the warranty is 60mi/60yrs B2B 10/100 drive train. I had the extended warranty then cancelled it. I only put on 9-10k a year. I know something will come along by then.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought used for only have remainder of 60/60 and the power train drops to match that as well. I also just cancelled the extended warranty because we put low miles on each year as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts