Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the SX model because my EX got totaled. Anyway in this bitter cold that the Northeast has been having this week my check engine light has come on twice and the code that is coming up is for a software update. The dealer is calling tech support to look more into it, but I was just wondering if this has happened to other Sportage owners and is it something that I should get worried about?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Over 100 view and no one answered. Im sorry to say I have not seen this issue myself but what I CAN tell you is not to worry. You gots warranty! I had a few issues with my 2011. Dealer handled them all thus far. Good luck, just a note when you DO pickup your car after its serviced please post the dealers findings to help anyone else who may get this problem later this winter!

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,956 Posts
The OP doesn't give the code..............no info in, no info out.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here the wastegate had to be adjusted and I did read on here a lot of them had this problem.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
Its pretty common, but much more so on the Optimas. If its a little out of adjustment, sometimes the drastic temp change can cause a problem. Once its correctly adjusted, you should have no more issues with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts