Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
I'm having a problem with my 2011 Kia Sportage. About half the time when I turn the car off and the lights are off (car is in park, parking brake on), when I open the driver door the car goes "beep beep beep" as if a seatbelt wasn't fastened. During this time, the remotes also cease to work. If I close the door, the beeping stops but when I open the door it continues again. When I restart the car and turn it off again, the beeping stops and the remotes work again. It's driving me crazy and the dealer didn't know what the issue was. Please advise!

Thanks!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Well let me just shoot off things you can try:

1. Disconnect battery terminals for 5-10 mins and reconnect
2. Replace batteries in the remote
3. Place the remote in the (emergency key dock located in the middle compartment) and
start the vehicle.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well let me just shoot off things you can try:

1. Disconnect battery terminals for 5-10 mins and reconnect
2. Replace batteries in the remote
3. Place the remote in the (emergency key dock located in the middle compartment) and
start the vehicle.
I have a 2011 and I don't get that one at all. How do you place a remote in an 'emergency key dock', whatever that is.

It sounds like a body control module going bad to me, but the battery disconnect might re-flash it. Otherwise, you'll have to take it to KIA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Having the same problem.....,only have had the vehicle for 2 weeks.

For a used vehicle with low K's (17,000 ) The price was right.
It's going back to the dealer PDQ as I can't live with this issue.
I'll let you know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do either of these cars have remote start? Are they PIC/Pushbutton start? Any body work done recently?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have a 2011 and I don't get that one at all. How do you place a remote in an 'emergency key dock', whatever that is.
Its when our remote battery dies and need to start the car. Open up your middle storage compartment and there should be a slot inside located front where you can insert the remote.

All the stuff I listed has saved me from some bugs. One night I tried starting my car and everything was flickering and wouldnt turn over. I had fresh batteries so I knew it wasnt the remote batteries, tested the car battery with multimeter but it was fine, disconnected the bat terminals to re boot everything (didnt work), after a while I stuck my remote on the emergency dock and the engine turned over. I only thing I have done recently by myself was replace the brake light switch. The hill assist and antiskid light kept on illuminating and preventing to shift. It was a quick fix (10$) and maybe 5 mins of my time... cheaper than bringing it to the dealers 45 mins away.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was hearing this beeping when I hit the STOP button also and today I figured it out. A tone sounds inside the vehicle whenever you leave a window/sunroof open and open the door. I have not tested so far as to see if it is only connected to the driver door but I know fir sure that the warning tone is for an open window. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I was hearing this beeping when I hit the STOP button also and today I figured it out. A tone sounds inside the vehicle whenever you leave a window/sunroof open and open the door. I have not tested so far as to see if it is only connected to the driver door but I know fir sure that the warning tone is for an open window. Hope that helps.
Yup its a warning tone that you left a window/sunroof open. Mine does that all time when I shut of the car when the sunroof is not done closing. I think the OP already checked all the windows/moonroof is closed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem. I have a 2011 Kia Sorento with remote but not with remote start. When I turn off the car, I get a continuous beep then a ding at 2 Hertz. (2 per second). Remote won’t work.

Perhaps it might help if I knew what the continuous time wise and what the ding is. That might help with troubleshooting. Did anybody get a final fix on this?

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you have a push to start and your keyfob remotes are almost dead your car will beep a number of times (3-5x I think) warning you to replace your batteries soon. I was going mad for a good month not understanding why my car randomly started yelling at me every time I turned it off all of the sudden, until it dawned on me that it could be the PTS module warning chime. Replaced battery, all gravy.

Cheers.
🍻

1 - 12 of 12 Posts