Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Soul
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rear ended today and now my hatch light indicator is on, the cargo light is on and even though the hatch is shut and seems latched tightly. I was afraid of losing battery power so after much searching I removed my ROOM LP fuse until I can find a solution. Is is safe to operate without the ROOM LP in place? I'm unsure of what all that fuse supplies.:(

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
I was rear ended today and now my hatch light indicator is on, the cargo light is on and even though the hatch is shut and seems latched tightly. I was afraid of losing battery power so after much searching I removed my ROOM LP fuse until I can find a solution. Is is safe to operate without the ROOM LP in place? I'm unsure of what all that fuse supplies.:(
its covered in your owners manual.

·
Banned
79 Posts
I would personally get it looked at. Even though it seems like the door is latched firmly and properly etc, the accident could have bumped out of place or misaligned the sensor or switch that controls the lights coming on and off, or maybe even a wire has been pinched or shorted causing the lights to stay on at all times now as a result of the bump during the collision. There is something causing it to stay on whether it is the switch/sensor for the hatch that turns the light on when that door is opened, or there is a short or something in the wiring or switch for sure. Not sure what that fuse would control other than the interior lighting but wouldn't you like to have it fixed for certain instead of pulling a fuse? I know I would.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts