Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorrento and 2011 Kia Soul 4U and 2007 Suzuki M109R
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought car in for a oil change today and engine light was on, i have 48700km. They called to say it was a purge valve and they found a tiny oil leak which they say is common need to put new silicone, my question anyone else have this problem? As well like I said it has 48700 km, they said kia recommends break service, coolant flush and transmission flush at this time which will be about 500 dollars, anyone else gone through this or is this accurate have you guys had these services done as well? Thanks for you input.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
I brought car in for a oil change today and engine light was on, i have 48700km. They called to say it was a purge valve and they found a tiny oil leak which they say is common need to put new silicone, my question anyone else have this problem? As well like I said it has 48700 km, they said kia recommends break service, coolant flush and transmission flush at this time which will be about 500 dollars, anyone else gone through this or is this accurate have you guys had these services done as well? Thanks for you input.
I've heard some things about the early model Purge Valves going bad. If they're fixing it, i'd say don't worry about it. They will most likely be putting an updated part in. I had a similar oil leak on my V6. They just simply had to reseal it and all was good.

As for the $500 service...Thats a little much for the work they will be doing. Most of which you can do yourself or have done at an independent shop for a fraction of the price.

They aren't even going by what the manual states. The Tranny fluid, coolant and brake fluid is good until around 100K. They're just trying to make a quick buck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't even looked at the manual yet to see what the recommended maintenance is. I just don't wanna not do it then something happen and they say warranty is void because I didn't follow recommended maintenance service.
Thanks for your input appreciate it.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
I know for a fact that it isn't due this early. If I remember I will pull out my manual tomorrow and have a quick look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked the manual the coolant is due now but transmission is at 96000 km,couple other little things like fuel filter now and something else as well but don't remember what, lol. thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts