Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V-6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the push to start and it won't start. Its just clicks. I tried the by pass and it still just clicks. Could it be a starter relay ?

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
Is the clicking coming from the engine compartment? If so, it's probably a bad starter or possibly the relay.

Apparently there are problems with the brake switches failing, but if that was your problem it probably wouldn't even be clicking.

Best,

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
Tewest86, I just had this issue. It's the Brake Module. Try putting on your flashers and then pushing the start. if it starts, drive it straight down to Kia for a replacement module.

If the flashers doesn't start it, pump the brakes several times while trying to start.

If all else fails, call Kia roadside or AAA for a tow to the dealer.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
It's the Brake Module. Try putting on your flashers and then pushing the start. if it starts, drive it straight down to Kia for a replacement module.
Wasn't aware of this workaround. Is that hiding in the manual somewhere or did the service guys tell you about it?

Cheers,

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
Sauron, the tow driver actually suggested it. Not sure if it works but he seems pretty intelligent so I assume it would work. Seems reasonable but I am really hoping I don't have to try it out.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts