Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Sorento with the airbag light on. The red airbag light in the instrument cluster is on but the yellow passenger airbag off light next to the clock is working as it should. So, i am assuming it is not the sensor in the passenger seat. What else could it be? Thanks

·
Registered
2012 AWD 2.2CRDI KIA SORENTO...2015 Hyundai IX35 2.0CRDI...2019 FORD ECOSPORT 1.0 EcoBoost
2 Posts
I had the same issue. Is it MT or AT? Anyway, no matter what it is MT or AT you should change the OE part 934902P170 it's the clock spring from the wheel. If you are handy you can change it by yourself if you have the tools. Good luck!

·
Registered
2012 AWD 2.2CRDI KIA SORENTO...2015 Hyundai IX35 2.0CRDI...2019 FORD ECOSPORT 1.0 EcoBoost
2 Posts
Hi. It seems that the wires inside the clock spring are broken. So if you have a MT or AT Sorento you need to search for 93490 2P170 for MT or 2P370 for AT. If you are a handy person you can change the wheel clock spring by yourself with the proper tools. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 Sorento with the airbag light on. The red airbag light in the instrument cluster is on but the yellow passenger airbag off light next to the clock is working as it should. So, i am assuming it is not the sensor in the passenger seat. What else could it be? Thanks
I also have 2011 Sorento sx had the same warning light on dash checked Kia TSB there was a recall when light came on would be fixed for free. Warranty was extended for 15 yrs 2022.

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
276 Posts
I also have 2011 Sorento sx had the same warning light on dash checked Kia TSB there was a recall when light came on would be fixed for free. Warranty was extended for 15 yrs 2022.
If it is the clock spring that is causing the issue, then KIA will cover it. If the problem is cause by something else, then it is not covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts