Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My California emission 2.4 Sorento has blown the cat that is attached to the exhaust manifold. Its now in 2 pieces. I have a couple of questions. How many cats does this vehicle have? I am assuming the cat separated from the exhaust manifold due to excess back pressure. If it has more than 1 cat, will they all need to be replaced? Thank you

·
Registered
2011 Sorento
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One last thing. There was no check engine light. It was just a little noisier at idle

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
276 Posts
My California emission 2.4 Sorento has blown the cat that is attached to the exhaust manifold. Its now in 2 pieces. I have a couple of questions. How many cats does this vehicle have? I am assuming the cat separated from the exhaust manifold due to excess back pressure. If it has more than 1 cat, will they all need to be replaced? Thank you
You may want to take it to a shop for exhaust systems and have it looked at. It may have cracked from stress and/or heat cycling. If it is just a crack, it may be possible to just have it welded to fix the crack. I believe California does not allow aftermarket convertors so the only option is OEM cat, which are expensive. If it was mine, I would check to see if it could be repaired by welding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts