Auto-trans fluid check; no dipstick. 2011 , 3.5 engine

·
Registered
Kia Sedona EX 2012
3 Posts
I’m 2011 Sedona trans filler plug

Auto-trans fluid check; no dipstick. 2011 , 3.5 engine
John
I believe your Sedona has a Mitubishi A6MF-2 transmission, same as mine, and the only fluid level check available is the one used during a transmission fluid change procedure. This involves getting the fluid to 114-140 degrees F, and while the engine is running in Park, pull the oil level check plug. If no fluid runs out, it is low. A full tranny has the fluid running out of this check plug hole at a thin steady flow. To get to this quarter-turn plug, it is located on the lower left of the black plastic cover, which faces forward. You will first have to take off the plastic splash guard behind the bumper.
If you get this far, you might as well check the color of the transmission fluid. If it is dark, you might as well do a drain and refill with new. That is if you plan on keeping this minivan.
On the top of the transmission is a plug with a square 3/8 inch recess for removal. This opening can be used to fill the transmission, but it will take the fluid VERY slowly. It takes a long funnel to reach, and has a tendency to get an air bubble and block flow.
Living in Canada and having a transmission cooler, I am supprised that it runs hot.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,751 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts