Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Blk 2011 Sportage LX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone updated the firmware or maps in the navigation unit? My 2011 is still using the original maps from when I bought it. I've seen map updates for sale for $150, which is just ridiculous.

Has anyone updated the OEM factory maps or system firmware? Is it worth it, or would my $150 be better spent on an aftermarket head unit?

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I did it once several years ago when they had a sale. For the number of times I use the navigation, it wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sportage SX, 2016 Ford Focus RS
466 Posts
I did it a few years ago when it was on sale for $99.
Kind of a bummer to have to pay so much for it, my Ford gets free Sync updates about once a year that include maps. And if that ever ends it has Android Auto and the google maps is always updated.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2016
6 Posts
A haven't had navigation in my car, that is why I have installed Android head unit. It is very functional, and I think such device is much better than factory multimedia.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Sportage EX AWD
143 Posts
I still have the oem navigation system for the 2013 sportage with us-maps. Does not work in europe, no maps. Kia is not able to help.

If anybody finds out how to install european maps or install android please let me know!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts