Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

After much thought on my next vehicle, I've decided to go for a kia sportage. I'm located in Ontario, Can. I've been browsing the selection of used over the past 4 months or so. I've noticed a couple of kia's LX that had a sunroof (not panoramic, just the front).
I just missed out on one this weekend, sold before i had a chance to get to it.

Seems these are hard to find and nowhere does it say that an LX comes with an optional sunroof....

So my question is, does anyone have information about these? were these limited editions? U.S.A models? where did they come from? Where can i find one?

Really wanted something with a sunroof, had one in all of my vehicles. Can't find much info about aftermarket sunroofs that would apply either.

thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To my knowledge the LX, didn't come with a sunroof. It was an added option.
its definitely not with the base model...but i can't even find any reference to it being an option on the LX, but obviously it exists...just can't find too many of them....:(

·
Registered
Mineral Silver 2015 Kia Sportage SX-TURBO!
72 Posts
I found this on Kelley Blue Book's site:

Standard Equipment
The 2011 Kia Sportage is offered in four front-wheel-drive trim levels: base, LX, EX and SX, with all-wheel drive available across the board. Standard equipment across all trim levels is air conditioning, power accessories, Bluetooth, steering-wheel-mounted audio controls, a rear under-floor storage compartment, and a satellite-radio-equipped audio system with four speakers. Some notable standard features that come with the EX and SX trims include Kia's UVO infotainment system, back-up warning system, push-button start, a cooling glovebox, and auto-climate control.

Optional Equipment
All of the options available for the 2011 Kia Sportage come in the form of packages. Some noteworthy highlights of the Sportage option packages include a navigation system, heated front seats, a cooled driver's seat, a panoramic sunroof, and a premium audio system with a subwoofer.

Sounds to me, like it's most likely an Aftermarket Sunroof, as the only one offered as an Option by Kia, was the Panoramic version.

Might look around for Aftermarket Audio Installers, that may offer Sunroof Installs as well. If not, see if these folks in Mississauga might be able to help (SEE LINK BELOW):

Auto Style

$1,499 Installed, if you're willing to pay that.

Hopefully, if you can locate an LX at a decent price, and agree to shell out the $$$ for the Sunroof, you'll be all set!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the ones i saw definitely weren't aftermarket, the headliner was molded to fit, wasn't just a trim piece added like most aftermarket sunroof installs.

thanks for the info though...

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,723 Posts
There is ONLY one factory sunroof offered for the Sportage....that IS the panoramic. IF you see ANY other kind of sunroof in a Sportage IS a aftermarket one.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,723 Posts
...you are making me sad :(
Like someone else has said, look for a EX. being your looking used, it should not be that much more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well that just leaves the EX luxury and SX models which are quite a price jump..even used

didn't see any option for sunroof on the EX either

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX, 2012 Sportage SX, 1989 Taurus SHO
289 Posts
Could it be because that Sportages are sold in different configurations for different countries, just like different rear turn signal lights between those sold here in the US of A and South Korea?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could it be because that Sportages are sold in different configurations for different countries, just like different rear turn signal lights between those sold here in the US of A and South Korea?
Well, that's what i'm wondering...were these maybe models from the USA? maybe they had different options for the U.S.?

Anyone with an LX/sunroof speak up or forever hold your peace .... :)

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,063 Posts
Well, that's what i'm wondering...were these maybe models from the USA? maybe they had different options for the U.S.?

Anyone with an LX/sunroof speak up or forever hold your peace .... :)
No.

No, we are from the US.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts