Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an upgraded nav system and have suddenly lost all audio on my navigation, radio, sirius, phone, voice command, everything! It is like my speakers have stopped working, but even my phone?! WTH! Volume control show volume going up, everything seems to be working on the surface, any ideas, suggestions? :confused:

·
Registered
2006 Kia Optima, 2006 Kia Sportage, 2008 Kia Cerato, 2013 Kia Sportage
29 Posts
Like any problem our questions would be:
- have you installed anything new recently? Alarm? Car battery?
- has your car been serviced recently?
- when exactly did the problem begin? Is it a permanent condition or temporal?
- has your car gone thru some extreme wet condition or thru a huge puddle?
- complete OEM stereo/speakers?

My first guess is check your fuse box see if anything is blown, but aside from that forum members will need more background info on the problem and your car?

·
Registered
Platinum, Diesel 2.0
12 Posts
As psymaster2k said please provide some more details. And also fill in your profile so we know what country you are from.

I lost all audio from my 2011 Sportage and dealer service department dropped power to the system and it came back. Two weeks later it failed again and they said they would replace the front console unit. This didn't fix it and so they started checking the wiring.

Finally they found the amplifier in the rear had failed and 'borrowed' one from another car to get my audio going again. Disappointed it took them so long to check the amplifier but maybe they hadn't seen too many of them fail.

Only one problem since and this was after leaving the car in a covered garage (Aussies would call it a car port) by the ocean (only the top of the car was covered). Turned the audio system on and strange noises started coming from the speakers - squawking noises and very painful when driving at 80km. Turned the radio off and the noises continued for another minute or so and thought I had a branch stuck under the car. Assumed another amplifier issue. It was 6pm and next Kia dealer was 200km away so didn't turn the radio back on. Waited until we stopped for the night and the audio was back working again. Haven't had any problems since so not sure what the week in the garage did.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same thing happened to me last week. Driving down the road listening to FM suddenly nothing. Smooth road. No bump. All stock radio/nav. I pulled over. Turned radio on/off several time. Screen appeared normal but still no sound. I turned Kia off, waited 2 miuntes, started Kia. Still no sound. Call dealer. They said bring it in. I drove to dealer. Was in service bay for 5 minutes. I got to speak to tech. Tech said, "this happens once and awhile". I asked what was done. Tech said, "I reset the radio." Service ticket says the same thing. Had to add my radio station memory buttons. Still working today. Makes me nervous though.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
14 Posts
Had the same issue with my stock SX nav/radio today. Parked the car for about an hour and when I started it up no volume on anything. I will be calling the dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
14 Posts
Fixed the lost audio issue today by doing a reset on the nav/radio unit. The reset button is located on the face of the unit in the upper right hand corner. It is recessed so a tip of a pen or paper clip will do the trick. When the rest button is pressed the unit powers off and reboots. Saved a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had the same problem this week-end on saturday (rainy day)
started the car, no sound at all.
All radio functions are working, USB drive is read, station changes
but not a sound ?
Also notice that when it happened, the clock was reset to 12h00

So I turned off the radio, and the clock was showing
Today, jumped in the car ths afternoon (no rain), the clock did not show, but a radio channel was on and the clock was still back to 12h00 in the right corner...
that's a strange problem...maybe a speaker fuse or something ?

My appointment at dealer is friday
I,ll go and try do a reset tonight see if it comes back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reset radio

When audio goes out on 2011 Kia Sportage, use a pen and go to small hole to the upper right of the radio panel. Put the tip of the pen into the hole and press. This will reset your audio system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reset audio system by going to small hole on the upper right of the radio panel. Use tip of pen and press into the hole. This will reset the audio system. Used it myself today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2013 Sportage EX w/UVO (no navigation). I experienced the "no sound" issue and brought the car into the dealer. They said the head unit was defective and are replacing it. No word on exactly what was wrong.

·
Registered
2012 Black Cherry AWD Sportage SX
61 Posts
Seems to be a common problem with these.
My wife called me a few weeks back with the same issue..No sound.
Lucky for me I read the posts, had her reset with pen and all is well but you will have to re-program all of your stations.

My satilite radio on the other hand seems to have issues locking onto a signal a lot. Funny thing is when we first bought the car/suv it always found the signal...and it was doingit before it lost audio too.
When I had the Kia dealer look at it they said there was no problem, I even called sirus ond told me to check with the dealer.

My wife is pissed, why are paying good money to have a on and off sat radio?
We haven't moved or anything like that either.

Anyone else having this issue.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Mustang GT
209 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in that my 2012 Sportage w/ UVO lost all audio last Thursday. Everything powers up, speaker wires have voltage, yet not sound. I initially thought the problem was my Line Out Converter, but after getting some new parts, testing the amp with the RCA inputs, and trying to run the wires "back to stock", I determined that the problem is either the Kia UVO stereo, factory amplifier, or wiring. All the parts I added are working and functional.

I took the car into the dealer and they "did some testing" and think the factory UVO head unit is to blame. They have one on order, will arrive in "1 to 2 weeks" from Friday, Nov 22, so arrives between Nov 29 or Dec 6. Failing the new head unit fixing the problem, they will then order the amplifier and try that. I have my doubts it is the head unit, but I hope it is so I can have my sound back as soon as possible. The dealer initially agrees that "it appears to be a factory problem and will be fixed under warranty" so hopefully they don't change their mind as I'll argue with them to the death if need be. It is too bad they weren't authorized to order both the head unit and the amplifier at the same time, because if the head unit is not to blame, I'll need to wait another 1 to 2 weeks for the amplifier to come in.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Mustang GT
209 Posts
To solve my no audio issue, the dealer had replaced the head unit. The new head unit now puts out sound, so in my case, the factory amplifier was NOT the issue. I have a UVO head unit.

·
Registered
2014 sorento ex. Touring package
41 Posts
I pulled a fuse ( the 2 that's together on one clip) under the steering wheel and put it back after a couple of mins and that did the trick. It will reset everything on the car except the odo. When you pull these fuse it will render the car useless until you put them back

·
Registered
1 Posts
Radio issue

Someone below pointed out the reset button recessed in the upper right hand corner of the radio. Push it with a pen and your problem with no sound is fixed....save the dealer charge!

·
Registered
2009 Kia Sportage LX
1 Posts
2010 sportage stock sirius radio

My 2009 radio looks normal but no sound. Audio fuse is ok. No reset hole in top right or anywhere else on the face. Under "battery" in manual, it states may need to reset and to see chapter 3 for directions. No reset directions in chapter 3. Anyone have an idea? typed 2010 in title by mistake

1 - 20 of 34 Posts