Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2011 White Kia Soul back to Aloha Kia last week. On the date of sale in April 2011, salesman promised the rust spots on the roof would be taken care of, if they happened at a later date. The guys who prepped the car noted the rust spots and buffed out what they could. (Safety check was Oct. 2010 and I purchased in April 2011 so it sat on the lot for 6 monthts.) Now there's a small rust spot SPIDER WEBBING above the driver windshield UNDER THE CLEAR COAT. Salesman no longer works there (to verify his promise) and sales manager agrees with service rep that it's caused by a rock chip. They took photos and will send to the Kia Rep for disposition. Factory Inspector will visit Honolulu next month -- will it even get that far or will this claim be denied? NEVER EVER trust a salesman's promise just so he can get the unit out the door. I even referred 2 friends and they bought Kia Souls last year, but from different lots. The body shop I took it to said the rust blemish is caused by contamination in the metal, NOT A ROCK CHIP. He showed me a rock chip on a truck which has paint missing down to the metal that has clean edges, not a spider web from the rust spot UNDER THE CLEAR COAT.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts