Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I recently took our 2011 kia sorento to a drive in movie. This experience in the sorento was more than annoying! We had the tailgate opened and the seats laid down so we could just lay in the back and watch the movie. However I could not get the interior map lights by the drivers seat to go off and the navigation display was very bright. Is there a way to get both of these off with that tailgate open? Also we kept hearing a beep and the navigation said battery discharge warning. Is that something to be concerned about?

·
Registered
2018 Sorento SX V6
24 Posts
interior map lights

I had the same issue at the drive-in movies.......The way I did it was I pushed in the lock in the trunk so that the sorento thinks all the doors have been closed. After that, just remove the plastic piece opening behind it to release the lock. Very annoying to say the least but this was the only way I could get around this.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would buy the LED replacement lights.. then you can pull them out and not burn yourselves. I put in the big square ones mentioned on this forum.. Yikes.. one per would have been enough. Plus they are absolutely cool to the touch even on for 5 min.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
760 Posts
Added bonus of LED is small power consumption.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts