Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Ok I went to drive my Kia Sorento one morning and the vehicle started but I could not put the car in gear.

I then noticed that the instrument cluster had stopped working.

No Rpm
No Speedometer
No Temp gage
No oil pressure gage
Just about every light on the cluster is on.
Only functions are the gas gage and the range of miles of fuel.

I then use the manual push button by the gear shifter so the transmission will go into gear.
The car drives just fine and shifts like it should. Instrument cluster still does not operate. Does not count miles on the ODO.

So I do research and even speak with a few mechanics at the dealership. They suggest replace the cluster and the ECM.

I then buy both off EBay from LQK and install onto the car. But still have the same problem.

Air conditioning was also effective from this problem.

PLEASE HELP !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys,

Ok I went to drive my Kia Sorento one morning and the vehicle started but I could not put the car in gear.

No Rpm
No Speedometer
No Temp gage
No oil pressure gage

I then use the manual push button by the gear shifter so the transmission will go into gear.
The car drives just fine and shifts like it should. Instrument cluster still does not operate. Does not count miles on the ODO.

So I do research and even speak with a few mechanics at the dealership. They suggest replace the cluster and the ECM.

I then buy both off EBay from LQK and install onto the car. But still have the same problem.

PLEASE HELP !!!
The ODM reader does not bring back any codes.

I have checked every fuse in the car and all check out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

No Rpm
No Speedometer
No Temp gage
No oil pressure gage

PLEASE HELP !!!
Hi, did you ever resolve this issue??

·
Registered
2018 Sorento EX 3.3L V6 AWD
149 Posts
That sounds like the crankcase position sensor. Mine did the same thing a couple years ago and replacing the CKPS fixed it. I had to use the Sportmatic mode to shift the trans into gears. It's a known issue along with a cheap and quick fix by yourself. Here's the video fromthe list VIM made. This video has the code thrown though. Might be worth a look.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,100 Posts
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sounds like the crankcase position sensor. Mine did the same thing a couple years ago and replacing the CKPS fixed it. I had to use the Sportmatic mode to shift the trans into gears. It's a known issue along with a cheap and quick fix by yourself. Here's the video fromthe list VIM made. This video has the code thrown though. Might be worth a look.
So the next day, magically all the gauges started working again! Thanks for your help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

No Rpm
No Speedometer
No Temp gage
No oil pressure gage

PLEASE HELP !!!
Hi there, bad ground or in centre of cluster Connector, probably due to condensation or something spilt into housingl. Had same symptons and contact cleaner and alcohol finally solved it. but took apart 2x to get to the actual connector that was just below the digital display on the cluster. Good luck

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2010 Model, 2.2 CRDi 4WD, 7 seater Diesel
11 Posts
following ive got the same issue on my Kia only the guel guage works and most of the dash light are on, how did you guys resolve the issue

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts