Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX AWD V6 Limited/Panoramic
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some work on my Sorento due to the sunroom exploding.

They replaced the rear upper and lower quarter panels.

I have a 2011 EX V6 AWD with Premium sound/nav/Infinity

I noticed that the upper quarter panel is is listed as Upper qtr trm rear w/surround. This sounds right.

The bottom says Lower qtr trim w/o woofer. I went to kia's site and I see a 7 passenger lower qtr trim with woofer and without woofer.

I don't think my car had a woofer back there. Does anyone know for sure? I think the lower parts of the rear quarter panel look like a speaker could have gone in there, but it is just filled in. Just want to make sure I got the right part. I can't remember for sure.

If this is correct, then when are there actually lower woofers in the rear quarter?

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
If you have the Infinity sound system, you should have a subwoofer as shown.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I have that. I'm assuming the woofer would be the grill right below seat belt clip.... Assuming there was a real grill rather than just plastic that looks like a grill?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Yeah. I have that. I'm assuming the woofer would be the grill right below seat belt clip.... Assuming there was a real grill rather than just plastic that looks like a grill?
Nope thats a real grille circled in the pic. The thing below it is some sort of vent. My Rento has that too and it's just got a garbage 6 speaker unit. Mine just has a regular piece of plastic covering where the woofer would be.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
The grill below the seatbelt clip is nothing more than some sort of vent. The only audio components in that area are the speaker on the d-pillar, and the sub-woofer as circled. Kia refers to the sub-woofer as a woofer in all of their service materials. If you have the sub-woofer, I don't see why it would say w/o woofer. What exactly says that, the RO?

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
761 Posts
If the part w/o woofer just has a plastic filler, they could have used that part and then reused/swapped in the old speaker grill.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. It looks good. Like the pic then. Thanks! Whatever they used it has the speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts