Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Rondo LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, wondered if anyone had experience with replacing the serpentine belt for a 2011 Rodon 2.4l?
I ordered a gates K061005 (2568mm) which the official website says it compatibles to my Rondo but it’s obviously longer than the original belt that is on right now. Still tried to put it on twice, it was very loose, didn’t even release the tensioner to put it on, i put the old one back on and the tension is completely fine. Called gates and they said it should fit but still asked for my vin number and if my car had a/c. The guy wasn’t quite sure why it didn’t fit only said it couldn’t have been a mistake on the catalogue. So wondered if it’s ok if i just measure the old belt and get one with the same size?

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,'11 Dodge Journey AWD,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,511 Posts
Is the old belt so worn that you can't see the mfg.'s part number on the outside flat surface anywhere? If you can find it, that number can be cross referenced to other belt suppliers.

Did some fast parts searching, Makes a difference if it has A/C or not and what amp size alternator(130 amp) or other...The serp. belt is vehicle specific to what the motor is equipped with, and as Rondo is not a USA model some parts suppliers may have incomplete listings for the belt.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Rondo LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought this vehicle not long ago at 66000kms, the belt is brown color, i wouldn't be surprised if it is the original one that comes with the car and never been changed. spent a good 5 minutes looking at the belt nothing on it. just hoping if someone has replaced one before who can give me come clues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts