Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed 3 '11
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

First and foremost hello, I've owned 2 Sedonna's and now I'm on my 2nd Ceed. All good so far :)

And then I met Arnold Clarke !, oh boy what a ride this has been.

So the story from the top....

I was out driving my 07 Ceed, suddenly lost power and the engine stopped. Got towed home after joining the RAC at the Roadside (£155 in Towing). The car went into Arnolds and although it would start and tickover there was a real rattle in the engine anything above Idle.

They said best thing to do was flush the engine, so they did and that cost me £188, just made the rattle worse !!

Then they said it needed a new engine, they looked for one for a week but they couldn't get one and because I'd gone passed the service (Yep I forgot about it) there was no warranty.

So, I only had one payment left on the car anyway, time for a new one.

I bought a Ceed 3 on an 11 plate for £11,600 - one from the Kia approved stock and as such has a full 7 year warranty.

Got the old car towed to a friends house who is a mechanic thinking I'd break it for spares (another £60 towing charge)

Two days later went to collect my new car, guess what, no log book so they couldn't tax it. Had to wait another 2 days for the log book to be posted from Kia.

Eventually drove off the forecourt 10 days after this all started.

But there was a real bad noise on the brakes whenever you pressed the pedal. The noise was from the front drivers caliper, grinding as it put pressure on the pads. The car went back, it all seemed a bit odd since they serviced the car before I got it.

Got the car back a day later, it was ok but pulling left a bit. I checked the tyre pressures, oh my ! 4 wheels 3 different readings and all above the recommended pressure, obviously this is not part of the first service.

Ok so all's well - Except its not. There's a clunk on the same wheel when turning but only sometimes. Car went back !

Mechanic rang and said he couldn't find anything, so I booked half a day holiday and went for a ride with them. Couldn't fault it.

Next day the clunk is back, it sounds like a rusty squeaky spring snapping back into position. It's quite a heavy sound.

This time I phone Arnolds because they accused me of wasting their time on the last visit. Spoke to the workshop, they had no idea but I agreed to try and narrow it down a bit.

Now, on the same day came a phone call from my mate about the old car. Seems it threw a camshaft bearing, not to bad so checking further to see if anything else was damaged. Now this made me a bit angry, it would appear Arnolds couldn't even be bothered taking the sump off to have a look.

Anyway, yesterday I phoned Arnolds again because I've narrowed down the problem on the new car. But they are to busy to look at it, they could book me in next Wednesday. WHAT !!!

So I phone their Customer service dept and told them what a pile of Ar*** I thought they were. Made no difference but I feel better.

So tonight the problem remains, here goes.

There is a clunk on the front right suspension. The clunk is only present under the following conditions.

1. You are travelling quite slow (below 20mph)
2. The brakes are on gently slowing the vehicle
3. You are turning left

There's one clunk as you begin the turn and another as you straighten up. It sounds like the spring jumping round but how does that relate to the brakes being on ?

So there you go, thanks for reading my mini novel - and by the way I just sold the old car. No need for a new engine, the mechanic who fixed it bought it.

·
Registered
Ceed 3 '11
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had a result from a different dealer over the weekend.

5 mins the mechanic had found a fault on the strut top. Parts ordered and will be sorted by the end of the week.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
That's great news mate, I take it you'll be avoiding that Arnold Clarke garage and sticking with the new dealer in future?
Also good news on your old car, should be able to get a bit of cash selling it now.

Also, afore I ferget...
Welcome to the forum !! Glad to have you on board, think you'll fit right in here :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts