Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have taken my kia soul into the kia dealership 3 times already for overheating and they cant find the problem. Are they lying because its an expencive fix or do they truly no know

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
When it starts to overheat, what is (different) between that event / when the vehicle being checked at the dealership?

Is the A/C on? At what speed is the cabin blower on?

Are you going uphill / is the engine under load?

What speed are you traveling at, when it starts to overheat? (Highway speed, slow speeds through town, stuck / crawling in traffic?)

--
Giving the service dept. as much info. as possible may help them (recreate) the conditions needed for the overheat to occur, vs. testing at the dealership..

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
x2 what Gottacruise says.

Are you sure that it's overheating, or is it just a rise in the temp gauge or warning light?

Any dramatic signs like boiling (steam), or bad performance? Overheating could be caused by blocked cooling system (easy fix), maladjusted engine timing, poor fuel, overloading or high speed in hot weather. where do you live?

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
If you've already overheated it three times, there is a good chance the aluminum cylinder head is warped...

·
Registered
Soul Plus 2012
49 Posts
Hi, all these suggestions are worth while and you can add to the list water pressure test, check thermostat, radiator blockage & the water pump impeller etc.
But what you have not told us is what are the indications of overheating,
1 high temp gauge
2 lose of water
3 the water boils

If the dealer cannot get one of this events to happen, it becomes a problem to repair the car, in cases like this I would let the dealer drive it for a few days [workshop foreman etc] to see if he can get evidence that the car has an overheating problem. Also realize that the dealer gets paid for warranty work from Kia .
Regards Peter [auto machinist/engine rebuilder-motor mechanic-dip of electronics]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts