Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
kia soul 2010 - totaled by hurricane sandy. kia soul 2013+ is my new toy!
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I used to drive a 2010 Soul and I loved that car until Hurricane Sandy decided to turn it into a sponge. I liked that car so much I decided to buy the newer model and I'm now driving a 2013 Soul +.

Every day I notice something different about the newer model -- my "old" Soul had a compass in the rear view mirror, my new Soul doesn't have the compass, but it does have directional lights on the side view mirrors. I've also noticed that the new Soul either has a larger windshield, or perhaps the seat is more adjustable because I can see a lot more through the new Soul than the Old. For reference, I'm very petite and in the past I needed to use a booster seat to see over the wheel in some cars. Luckily I do not have this issue with the Soul!

ANYWAY!

From what I remember, my "old" Soul had the temperature displayed in Fahrenheit in the display panel on the center console (with the radio, clock, etc). For whatever reason, the new Soul only displays the temperature in Celsius and it's hidden over by the speedometer instead of in the center of the dash like in the old Soul. My guess is that it has something to do with the new UVO media system, but I can't seem to find any information in the manual or online. I bought my car from a local dealer in NY so I'm not sure why it would be set to Celsius. It's not a huge deal but I would like to reset it if possible.

My questions are as follows:
1. Is there a way to change the temperature reading near the speedometer from Celsius to Fahrenheit?
2. Is there a way to display the temperature from the UVO panel in the dash?
3. Does the 2013 Soul + have an upgrade option for the rear view mirror with the compass? I know this is pretty minor but I really liked that compass!

I guess these are things I should've asked the dealer, but we were in such a frenzy due to the storm that I was just like, "HERE! TAKE MY MONEY!" because I needed to replace my car.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase, glad you altercation with Sandy wasn't any worse than that.

1. Yes you can change it to Fahrenheit from Celsius page 4/45 in your owners manual
2. UVO does not display outside temperature
3. something like that is a port or dealer installed option or you can get it aftermarket.

not sure which model of 2010 you had, but maybe you didn't adjust the seat height, or perhaps it didn't have it.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
You could also have an older rearview mirror "transplanted" from an older Soul like your dearly departed one... I would think a good car stereo shop could handle it.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,507 Posts
Kia makes a mirror kit with a compass in it, $200.00 is list price. I can sell to you for $160.00, plus shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations on your new purchase, glad you altercation with Sandy wasn't any worse than that.

1. Yes you can change it to Fahrenheit from Celsius page 4/45 in your owners manual
2. UVO does not display outside temperature
3. something like that is a port or dealer installed option or you can get it aftermarket.

not sure which model of 2010 you had, but maybe you didn't adjust the seat height, or perhaps it didn't have it.
Awesome, thanks! I think I just had the base model of 2010. It had the houndstooth fabric interior which was adorable. The seat could move forward, backward but I think the seat in the new Soul also goes up and down. All I know is that I can see better so I think that's a good thing!!

Since the compass mirror is powered, I think I'd be best off taking it back to the dealer or at least a body shop. I don't know if I want to start messing around with wiring.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can also get a compassed auto-dimming rear view mirror with homelink for a few more bucks. The homelink let's you program up to three garage doors, so you can control the operation of your garage doors with the buttons on the mirror -- no more clunky garage door openers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can also get a compassed auto-dimming rear view mirror with homelink for a few more bucks. The homelink let's you program up to three garage doors, so you can control the operation of your garage doors with the buttons on the mirror -- no more clunky garage door openers.
I had that on the old Soul but I never used the garage door opener so I really don't need that. The compass is what I want. I know I can get a silly little one to stick somewhere on the dash, but that compass mirror was something I took for granted! The mirror in the new Soul gives a warped/distorted image so I wanted to replace it anyway.

Also the backup camera is whack.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
Awesome, thanks! I think I just had the base model of 2010. It had the houndstooth fabric interior which was adorable. The seat could move forward, backward but I think the seat in the new Soul also goes up and down. All I know is that I can see better so I think that's a good thing!!
with Houndstooth interior fabric it would not have been the base model, that would have been the ! model which is still currently available for 2013 ! unless you get the premium package with the leather interior.

There is a lever on the side of the drivers seat that lifts and tilts (page 3/5 in your owners manual)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts