Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
08 Sorento, 10 Soul, 10 Forte
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the 2010 Soul new in May, 2010. We've had it 30 months and the battery died this past weekend. Warranty on original battery is 24 months. Multiple folks have advised me to try and get recovery on the new battery I had to buy because even though warranty is 24 months, the battery should last a lot longer than that.

Funny story, was at the auto parts store waiting for guy to come out with battery tester, another car pulls up, sees me with hood open. Sees guy come out with battery tester and says "no way you have a dead battery, that car is too new!"

Do I pursue it with Kia? It's not like they don't know me, I've owned 4, 2 of them had problems off the lot that needed major repairs and many weeks of frustrating calls with them.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,412 Posts
Battery warranty is 24 months/unlimited miles. There is no prorate on original batteries. If you bought a Kia replacement battery, there is a prorate available.

You could try to pursue it through your dealer. Worst case is they say no and your in the same place you are now. Really nothing to lose.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
you are definitely out of warranty, so no point in pursuing it. Buy yourself a new one and get one with more amperage than the original (and maybe a longer warranty), many auto places sell batteries and its not that expensive.

Yes batteries generally last much longer but it can happen, otherwise they would give you the regular 5 year warranty on it. Here in Canada its 36 months or 36,000 km but its pro-rated.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,565 Posts
you are definitely out of warranty, so no point in pursuing it. Buy yourself a new one and get one with more amperage than the original (and maybe a longer warranty), many auto places sell batteries and its not that expensive.

Yes batteries generally last much longer but it can happen, otherwise they would give you the regular 5 year warranty on it. Here in Canada its 36 months or 36,000 km but its pro-rated.
Well said....we are talking about $80.00. If it's worth you fighting for, than be my guest!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts