Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Sorento 2.2 CRDi AWD manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a (european) 2010 LHD Sorento 2.2CRDi manual AWD which has a small knocking/clunking noise coming from the frontend under the following conditions:

When first pulling away (on releasing clutch) after a short periods of not being driven
When changing gear up or down on releasing (and sometimes when depressing) the clutch, most noticeably in 1st and 2nd gear
Occasionally when sharply pressing/releasing the accelerator pedal. Again most noticeable in 1st and 2nd gear

But no noises over bumps or rough ground, or turning the wheels lock-to-lock

I have seen a few posts on other forums about Santa Fe's with similar noises, but I have never really found a post with a final diagnosis or repair.

Anyone had similar problems? I guess I am looking at powertrain components rather than suspension? Driveshafts??

Any information is welcomed!

Finally, I did ask the dealer to take a look during the last service a few weeks ago, but they claim not to have noticed anything....

thanks.

·
Registered
Sorento L4
94 Posts
Tell your mechanic to check the driveshaft, I had something similar, the dealer changed the whole transmision and the noise was still there, took it to a different mechanic, the cv joint had a premarure wear. Hopefully it helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend had the same problem with a new Santa Fe. The CV joints were leaking oil. Both front CV's were replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
842 Posts
A friend with a Santa Fe said he had to replace front stabilizer links more than once...something else to have a look at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts