Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Sedona
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2010 Sedona bluetooth project - Done!

All, finally I was able to get OEM Bluetooth setup in my 2010 Sedona. The attached file contains all details on how to do it and parts you need.

Regards

Kith

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Kia Sedona
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like Sedona (Carnival) 2010 did not come with factory bluetooth. Very soon I am going to start working on this project and I will post the results.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2010 EX and wanted bluetooth so I just replaced the stock radio with a Pioneer x3500bhs unit that I got on Amazon. I placed the bluetooth mic on the back topside of the steering just below the dash. I don't have steering wheel controls. I have hands free calling and answering through my Nokia 920 phone and everything works awesome. Bluetooth clarity is amazing. I can provide a list of all the parts needed but it was very easy to do.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
496 Posts
So how did the Bluetooth project work out Kith?

We'd like BT in our van too...

If we didn't have the Infinity sound system with the overhead DVD player I'd probably have just junked the standard stereo and installed a new head unit with BT built in.

I just did a BT capable head unit (JVC) install on my Nissan 240SX and it work very well indeed.

As far as I'm aware, I'd need to keep the factory unit to be able to control the DVD system - does anybody know if this is correct? Or could I just fit an aftermarket head unit and still be able to control the DVD system?

I have to say I'm really very impressed with the Infinity sound system - well apart from having a very redundant cassette player built in ;)

·
Registered
2010 Kia Sedona
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bluetooth project - Done!

All, finally I was able to get OEM Bluetooth setup in my 2010 Sedona. The attached file contains all details on how to do it and parts you need.

Regards

Kith

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts